No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavey. That letter is awesome. Gold star.

Comment

Test ride on the 790 Duke yesterday

Comment

Looks good Marty, didn't you have a smaller Duke before, or was that just a test ride?

Did you get Orange, and going to put an Akra on it? Wonder if you will miss the Blade? I do miss the sports bike position/experience when i have been on the BMW for a while, so do find i need to scratch that itch now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
          Pavey. That letter is awesome. Gold star.

Thanks

Interestingly, i was in Belgravia two consecutive days this week, parked on the same bit of pavement, chained up to a big thick lampost. On day two i came out to two traffic wardens and a Police man stood at the bike. Had a good old chat with them, all really nice and understood my situation. The Police man actually said i wasn't breaking any laws parking on the pavement from his side; guess it's a council rule that forbids it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
            Looks good Marty, didn't you have a smaller Duke before, or was that just a test ride?

Did you get Orange, and going to put an Akra on it? Wonder if you will miss the Blade? I do miss the sports bike position/experience when i have been on the BMW for a while, so do find i need to scratch that itch now and again.
            I have a 390 Duke which I'm also trading in and it's lost more money on the new price than I'd have liked .

I don't think I'm going to miss the sportsbike experience really - all that wrist and back ache if you're riding for more than 40 minutes. I can always get a cheap 600cc supersports if I do

I went for an orange bike but haven't upgraded the can as it doesn't really need it. The orange bikes aren't with the dealer yet, so there's 2-3 weeks wait before I can pick the bike up.

Comment

The Fireblade has gone ...

Comment

Nice Marty. Looks tall, almost like a Super Moto. Is it?

Get that tail tidy ordered too.

Comment

Nah, I can flat foot it - 825mm seat height. The super duke is actually taller.

Wished I'd worn the winter gloves when I took it out earlier though

Comment

What a c ... ar driver.

The SV650S is going tomorrow, it has been replaced with something different.

Comment

Which is.........

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                        Which is.........
                        Going to be revealed tomorrow

Comment

The new bike

Definitely a different ride to the SV650S which was pretty raucous - this wafts along like a limo. Pretty heavy to move about, especially compared to the KTM, but very stable on the road. Will be good for longer trips.

Comment

Took the KTM Super Duke R out for a spin whilst my KTM was in for its first service - they're not cheap at £14/15K, but that engine is fantastic. My 790 felt like a 125 riding it home after a couple hours on the Super Duke.

Last edited by MartyG; 29-05-2018, 12:55.

Comment

Yep, pretty brutal. Think its 170 odd horses.

As you say, lot of money for a naked though. Your service has come round quick, was it based on mileage?

Comment

First service is at 600 miles, I'd gotten to 750. Next one is a good way off though.

Comment

Working...
                                X