No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, had a letter from Chelsea police saying they can pretty much do no more. Documents are sent off to my insurance company, just waiting on them now.

Still feel a bit

Comment

When the Streetfighter got pinched i had 3 years GAP insurance on it with a separate insurer. My own insurance company came back to me and valued it at ?100 more than i paid for it, so ultimately i didn't lose out too much (maybe a grand due to all the bits i put on it).

Would love to know what it got sold for, and where? Guess i'll never know.

I was pining for the 1098 engine after the Streetfighter was pinched and found an 1198s in the local ish bike shop. Picking it up this evening.

Have promised myself this year I'm going to do more bike things, rather than just riding to work 5 days a week.

There is a bike night at the Ace Cafe this Friday, fancy it Dave?

Comment

Lovely bike that Nick, your stolen one probably ended up as parts, far harder to be traced then.

Last big bike I had was a Suzuki TL1000 Twin back in 2002, seems lilke a lifetime ago now. Is only the poxy traffic that makes me jealous of the bikers nowadays.

Comment

Always liked the sound of them, big V-twin. Didn't see too many either, which was nice.

It used to be on my commute leaving after 7am and the traffic was screwed, now it is 6am due to the sheer volume of vans going into London. As soon as i hit the A1 or M1 i have to filter.

And yet i think the amount of bikes and scooters i see every day has decreased, doesn't make sense.

Comment

Ah Nick, that meet up at the Ace sounds amazing, but alas I've got plans with the mrs over the bank holiday weekend. I'm planning on heading over there in the coming months though, and have got my eye on the Brighton ride out at some stage if you fancy it?

That 1198s looks absolutely stunning, enjoy the first ride on her later!

Comment

A few chaps at work were talking about the Brighton thing, might well do. There is also something on this Friday in Horsham, for Italian bikes and cars.

Weather looks a bit hit and miss currently though

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                I was pining for the 1098 engine after the Streetfighter was pinched and found an 1198s in the local ish bike shop. Picking it up this evening.
                Very nice. I've been looking, I've seen a very tidy Honda Fireblade for sale.

Got to do something, either get this one back on the road or buy something else.

Last edited by MartyG; 31-03-2015, 08:52.

Comment

Might be enough of us soon for a meet up somewhere

Comment

CharlesR and I met up a few years back to do the Stunt Wheelie School (and another chap who I can't remember the name of but he had a Yahama Fazer 600). Which turned out to be a bit rubbish in the end (looks like it ceased trading around 2006).

Can't find my photos from that anywhere, I know I took a load of them.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 31-03-2015, 11:44.

Comment

Summer meet up would be great fun actually. I'm down in Bristol but would be up for a meet up, and a ride out to somewhere games related perhaps to keep it a legit forum activity

Comment

I found the stunt wheelie school pics

This is CharlesR getting it up

And this is me

Last edited by MartyG; 02-04-2015, 21:56.

Comment

Yeah I was expecting to be taught clutch method. The throttle method only works at one speed and needs a big engine.

Comment

And the bloke was a tool.

Comment

As i am now two motorbikes down my new parking policy is 'don't give a f*ck'. I park wherever i can in order to be chained to something, as if one more goes i am uninsurable. In my defence i do park considerately to foot traffic.

I also have to have a Tracker and be chained at all times to something (Almax chain, £200!). So i don't get ticket i carry a laminated rant that i put over my number plate, has raised a few laughs so far. I was at Whitehall this week, parked up on the pavement, the two largest Policemen i have ever seen instantly onto me, fingers poised over their triggers.
                              Had a good chat with them, they sympathised with me and weren't bothered i was on the pavement, were more interested in if my bike was an elaborate bomb. Went into my meeting for a couple of hours, came out and as i'm de-chaining two more came over as a shift change had happened.

"Excuse me Sir" - made me jump! "Is this your bike?"

"Yes officers, am i in trouble?".

"No Sir, your letter has made our day, we had a real good chuckle."

Was then talking to them for close to half an hour, one of them was a fellow biker, we put the world to rights and more. They did tell me the law had changed recently as the Police can now use the stinger traps on stolen bikes to stop the rider - they still have to stop if the kid/thief takes his lid off though while in pursuit - utterly ridiculous.

Comment

I just bought one of these.

Absolutely superb bike - traded in my Fireblade, after riding one of these I've decided I just don''t need the power - I'd just about decided that after taking the the MT-09 and Street Triple RS out last year; this bike blows both of those out of the water. Lean sensitive ABS and TC, quick shifter up and down - it has loads of punch out of the corners and the most important thing when it comes to bikes: grin factor goes to 11.
                                Last edited by MartyG; 24-03-2018, 17:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X