DVD Player + Surround Sound Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Player + Surround Sound Advice!

I've tried a quick search here ,but didn't come up with the answers i wanted so hopefully you nice people here can help me

I'm looking for a nice DVD player with a full 5.1 surround sound speaker set up ,also multi-region and supports RGB .Also a bonus if i can use for my current next gen consoles and other systems.

Looking to spend around ?150-200 ?

Thanks!

DVD player
    Amp/decoder
    speakers

I haven't tried any of these, but for these prices you shouldn't expect the most amazing thing ever. Should do the job though. Not sure about RGB on the dvd player - it has scart so it almost certainly does have rgb.

?185 all up - you will probably have to factor in cabling though. RGB scart for ?10, Coax sound from dvd to amp ?10, not sure if those speakers come with cables - they probably do - ring and ask.
    Last edited by charlesr; 07-06-2005, 08:44.

Comment

I'm looking at setting up a 5.1 setup in my room right now, so I thought I'd ask... the price of those speakers seems too good to be true compared to other sets, would it be wise to go better?

Comment

May I suggest this if it is for a small room?

That's ?49.99, then you just need a DVD player, SCART cable and a optical/coax lead.

It _isn't_ going to sound astounding - in fact I'd recommend spending the money on a 2nd hand 2-channel amp and speakers.

But if you want 5.1 and you've not a large room - that is bargain of the ...

Comment

As for a DVD player - check out the Limit 900SE from Play.com.

Its actual retail price is ?199.99 but they are doing it for ?49.99 delivered!

Its been tuned by Cyrus as well, so it sounds amazing with cds (absolutely kills most ?200 dedicated cd players!!)

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
            May I suggest this if it is for a small room?

That's ?49.99, then you just need a DVD player, SCART cable and a optical/coax lead.

It _isn't_ going to sound astounding - in fact I'd recommend spending the money on a 2nd hand 2-channel amp and speakers.

But if you want 5.1 and you've not a large room - that is bargain of the ...
            Has anyone actually used one of these? I have to say im tempted at that price. Ive wanted a surround sound system for a while but i always end up wanting the stuff that costs a fortune. Ive never had one before so would this be a decent enough entry into it all?

Comment

Anything with 5 speakers and a sub is going to sound ok. You won't be stunned, but you will be like "cool, sound all around and bass".
              It will then take you 6 months to think "Hmm, wonder what it would sound like if I spent more".

Comment

Yeah i know! Im meant to be going snowboarding for 3 months next year though, so im trying to avoid spending too much money on stuff at the mo.

Im very tempted by this, but i cant help feeling that 50 quid is just too cheap!

Comment

Working...
                X