Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can YOU recomend me a HD ready Plasma TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can YOU recomend me a HD ready Plasma TV?

Or direct me to that Plasma TV forum that was posted a while back

I am looking for a 42"er that is compatable with both 720 and 1080i. If anyone knows a resonably priced peice of kit, then reccomend away!

Cheers

How much you looking at spending mate?

I recently picked up a Hitachi 42PD7200 for ?2000. HD-Ready and has been getting a lot of good reviews or there's the new Panasonic PV500 as well, don't know too much about that though.

Comment

I've got a 37" pv500 and it is terribly spiffy, every input you can think of really, and really really nice picture quality. Cant go wrong really.

Comment

Samsung PS-42S5H - It's really really new, so not everywhere has it yet. Even the Samsung UK website hasn't got details up yet, but it's 42 inches of pure Hi Def goodness, and for less than ?1500. I'm getting mine in about 2 weeks, primarily for Xbox 360, but in the mean time, my American Xbox might actually get some use with the HD pack.

Comment

whatever you buy make sure it has dvi or hdmi with hdcp, and is capable of displaying 720p@50hz and 1080i@50hz, otherwise skyHD wont work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
            Samsung PS-42S5H - It's really really new, so not everywhere has it yet. Even the Samsung UK website hasn't got details up yet, but it's 42 inches of pure Hi Def goodness, and for less than ?1500. I'm getting mine in about 2 weeks, primarily for Xbox 360, but in the mean time, my American Xbox might actually get some use with the HD pack.
            Let me know when you do get it, I'm very interested in this model and would like some hands on opinions with it before I decide

Where did you order it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo
              whatever you buy make sure it has dvi or hdmi with hdcp, and is capable of displaying 720p@50hz and 1080i@50hz, otherwise skyHD wont work on it.
              Was just going to say the same. HDMI is looking like an essential for HD-DVD as well due to the copyright protection/encryption is offers.

Comment

i thought that 37" plasmas didn't actually have enough pixels to physically be able to fit a 1080 piccy onscreen... i know most don't.

Comment

Wait a couple of months for the new 8 series panasonic. It'll blow the pants off anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cobra
                    Wait a couple of months for the new 8 series panasonic. It'll blow the pants off anything else.
                    That's the same screen as the new PV500 Vieras.

Everyone check out the forum at www.avforum.co.uk - they have a very knowledgable and active plasma forum.

Comment

Does any one know if/when Sony HD Ready TVs are gonna be out. Now I know that my feelings towards Sony and there games policies arent exactly friendly, however I have always had a Sony TV.

Its time to update my Sony 32" crt for something HD ready and id really prefer a Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
                        i thought that 37" plasmas didn't actually have enough pixels to physically be able to fit a 1080 piccy onscreen... i know most don't.
                        Tell me more.. I am thinking of getting a 37".

Comment

Is there one available with

component input
                          HDMI input
                          RGB scart socket
                          VGA input (For DC)
                          and support

both NTSC and PAL
                          480P, 720P and 1080P and 1080i

I am saving up for one and got 200 quids so far So hopefully it will be available to buy in New Year for 1,500 or thereabout.

Comment

Cheers for the info dudes, very tempted to wait for the Panny 8 series.

Saw a 75" HD Plasma in Dixons yesterday, blew me away

My god, i think i'm in love

Comment

I've been asking around several AV forums recently and alot of people say that a DLP set is the way to go for HDTV gaming. Many seem to recommend the Toshiba 46WM48P or the Sagem Axium HD-D45, and the 'What Home Cinema' reviews seem very positive. They tend to weigh in at around ?1500 so they're not too pricey either, I'll probabily pick one of those 2 up myself I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X