Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have absolutely no issue with instagram, I reckon my phone camera is the most used camera I have. I think your shots prove it's got nothing to do with the kit EB

Comment

I'm glad I didn't blow my bonus on another camera I wouldn't of used much!

I was blown away

Comment

I'm glad I didn't blow my bonus on another camera I wouldn't of used much!

I was blown away by the quality of the shots I got at the MUSE gig, I'd of struggled with my SLR

Comment

I don't think you'd have struggled with the DSLR, other than perhaps with security. However, I think it does show that phone cameras have reached a point that compact cameras really do need to worry.

Comment

I visited Chofu yesterday for some reason with the family. Being an old town it was a good chance to grab some shots. Some shots were taken with my GFII while some were taken with the phone.

forest walk by Yakum01975, on Flickr

choufu temple path by Yakum01975, on Flickr

choufu temple gate 1 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

choufu temple gate 2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

creepy-gate by Yakum01975, on Flickr

creepy-steps by Yakum01975, on Flickr

choufu creepy grave by Yakum01975, on Flickr

creepy grave 2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Jump! by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Not been in here for a while, good to see the photography thread is still going strong

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Got a new toy to play with today:

Totally mechanical, the K1000 works without batteries (although you lose the lightmeter) - you just need to remember the sunny-16 rule and work from there
              Awesome stuff and a bargain ! I got a Pentax Spotmatic II a few months ago - paid a bit more than 12 quid though (Was about 60 quid with a lens, but is in very good nick indeed). Am totally loving film so far - my D90 is feeling neglected lately...

Yakumo - enjoying your shots from Japan - the 'creepy' ones especially..

GT and Marty - congrats with the AP comps - good work..

Boris - Agree, nothing wrong with camera phones and app - I love using my S2 for photograph - really convenient.. I saw the Samsung Galaxy camera yesterday, and while its not for me, I can see the appeal of having the option to properly process built right into the camera..

Fishbowlhead - Liking the shots of Iceland, somewhere I would love to visit, and I recognise the Southend shots - about 10 miles from me !

Comment

Thanks Garf. Still need to get that film developed, but I've been out and about taking shots.

I'm considering this one for the current Amateur Photographer forum comp on the theme of High ISO (my shot is titled Heavenly Food)

I like the atmosphere and I waited around a while to get the right person in the shot - any comments on how to improve the shot are welcome

Comment

I don't think that the colour that is in the shot (the red on the hood and the green in the windows) look quite right.

I'd see if making the image a little warmer or even sepia might look better

Comment

I toned down the saturation a bit EB. But you're suggesting like this? I'm a bit reluctant as it seems a bit clich?d - I've never really gotten on with the whole sepia thing.

Comment

too much piiink!
                      More like this temperature wise

Comment

I do like that edit with a bit of colour still there. The warmer feel definitely is more appealing. My idea of the shot was that the light made the take away the holy grail given the light from the shop, hence "Heavenly Food".

I definitely think it needs to be warmer looking at the edits side-by-side, but I'm not going to go the whole sepia thing. Thanks EB.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 10-11-2012, 19:14.

Comment

Love the muse shot Boris.

Any chance at seeing the original shot prier production marty?

Comment

It's the one I posted above, other than a crop and slight desaturation.

Last edited by MartyG; 11-11-2012, 13:03.

Comment

New thead: http://www.bordersdown.net/showthrea...raphy-Thread-2

Comment

Working...
                              X