Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(PC) Day of Defeat

Hi,

I think it get's unlocked at 11.00PM tonight (GMT)

Has anyone bothered to download it? (Silver/Gold HL2 purchase = DOD)

I've not played the original, so I don't know if it's anything to get excited about.

It looks like WW2 counterstrike to me, and I don't know if it will have much focus on team play.

C_S
    Last edited by capcom_suicide; 20-10-2005, 20:08. Reason: Day of Defeat (PC)

The original Day of Defeat was a stunning game, and it seems they have been taking alot of time and care to bring it into the new engine.

The original game had quite alot of focus on team play. If I remember rightly, the most popular game type was all about capturing and controling points along a map untill you had full control. There were team deathmatch and normal deathmatch servers aswell but they wern't as fun.

I wish I had $20 in my account, have to wait till the end of the month

Comment

DOD: Source apparently has the HDR stuff in it as well, which should be interesting for those with cards that can handle it.

Comment

I got the half life 2 collectors sets (the tin and t-shirt) but I don't know whether its gonna include DOD or not

Comment

Have it paid for, pre loaded and ready to go.

Even downloaded the yarr version last night to give it a go but it doesn't work. :/

Comment

i've got it all downloaded, be careful with piracy and valve, they released a bogus halflife 2 just so they could track peoples IP from bit torrent :S

Comment

yep, all preloaded on the first day possible.

I still play Day of Defeat very regularly, pisses on CS if you ask me. It is heavily team based and you basically have to capture all the flags on the map or in some cases destroy an objective.

Cannot wait to play dod-s, it's set to be amazing. Yes capcom_suicide, it is something to get excited about. I know Valve have been working on and perfecting this for a damn long time. Shame it's not released until 11pm

Any DoD questions ask me

hope to see you lot on there - the Steam friends system seems to be knackered but my Xfire is yoyopo

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
                i've got it all downloaded, be careful with piracy and valve, they released a bogus halflife 2 just so they could track peoples IP from bit torrent :S
                PeerGuardian 2 GET!

http://methlabs.org/projects/peerguardian-2-windows/

Comment

Got this preloaded - assumed was paid for as I have bought HL2 but it seemed to imply i'd have to pay come unlocking time ???

Comment

Rite ive got this pre loaded and pre-ordered.

As far as payment goes. If you got HL2 from a shop ie you got the disk no you dont get DOD:S, yep even if you got the collectors edition you dont get DoD even tho it costs more then the steam silver package.

Steam silver and gold buyers get DoD free.

Comment

you've only paid for it already if you got the Gold or Silver package on Steam. Besides, it's dead cheap

Comment

Finally, a benefit from buying the Silver rather than standard edition of the game.

Hopefully we can see some NTSC-uk action with this, I need something to get me off the crack that is BF2...

Comment

ill be there at 11pm added yoyopo as well

Comment

count me in , can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG
                              ACKtually, you want http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/pg2.html and http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/secure.html

Methlabs.com was hijacked and all the money that was donated to PeerGuardian was stolen a while ago.
                              The links above are where the original developers are now.

Comment

Working...
                              X