No announcement yet.

The Video Game Music Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think that any on has mentioned this but.........
    ........JET SET RADIOOOOO!!!!!

The musc in this game was something else, sometimes i just didn't want to finish the level because i was busy humming along to the kick ass tunes, never has music been so effective for me in a game.

Comment

The 'Ocean Loader' tunes by Martin Galway - legendary pieces of videogaming music.

Comment

Back form the dead!

I was playing Super Castlevania on the Snes yesterday and it really has some of the finest videogame music ever. It has atmosphere by the grave load, and even today the soundtrack sounds really fresh. Some classical sweeping sounding pieces, some with an almost eighties influence and some wierd jazzy styles as well. An absolutely brilliant soundtrack and one of my all time favorites.

Comment

Equinox

Comment

I'll try to go for some that haven't been mentioned yet:

Terramex (Speccy 128k)
            Sol-Feace (Mega CD)
            Shenmue (DC)
            PSO (DC)
            Any Team 17 games with an Allister Brimble soundtrack (Amiga)

Comment

Spiderman on MD? Music like a broken soul, dirty and gravelly, from a seemingly dying sound ship, pure atmosphere.

The first SNES Spidey/X-Men game had fantastic music, too, but in a completely different way.

Comment

I really love the Capcom music that comes out of Bonelich in Zack & Wiki, especially the Ghouls & Ghosts theme.

Comment

This piece of music really made me feel the cold of Siberia. Also, the opening level music was epic.

Siberian Tunnel

First stage (and more!)

One of my favourite game covers too the JPN MD version.
                  Last edited by hudson; 23-02-2009, 22:16.

Comment

It's not 'epic', it's just funky and odd, but I've always loved this tune from MD Shadow Dancer. Listen to the bit around 0:20s, all burblin' and crystalline:

Comment

Rez - The first level is just wonderful on the ears

Also just love the guitar battle level on Space Channel 5 Part 2. It's a fantastic part of a fantastic game.

Comment

- Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage on the DC (bought the OST along with the anime's OST). It's a fine mixture of Medieval and Middle Eastern music, woven together with a line of rock and electro-noise. Classic!
                        (The same composer also made the soundtrack for Millenium Actress)

- Street Fighter Zero 2: Adon's stage music

- Panzer Dragoon music (well, first one is the best IMHO)

- Deep Fear OST, made by Kenji Kawaï. If it wasn't for its soundtrack, I think the game would have turned out for the worse. Finally found this one

Comment

Christ, theres loads, most of which have been already mentioned. I'm assuming this is for mainly older stuff before the PS2 etc.

A few of my faves tho that while may not be the best, but which have stuck in my head are:

C64
                          Thing on a Spring
                          Hypersports
                          Rambo
                          Wizball
                          Crazy Comets
                          Pretty much anything by Rob Hubbard or Martin Galway

Amiga
                          Xenon 2
                          Turrican
                          Shadow of the Beast
                          Strider

SNES
                          Actraiser 1 & 2
                          Castlevania 4
                          Ninja Warriors
                          Axelay
                          DK Country
                          Gradius 3

PS1
                          Symphony of the Night
                          FF7

Arcade
                          Rastan Saga
                          Outrun
                          R-Type
                          Afterburner
                          Gyruss
                          Pacmania (i think..the one where you could jump in 3D. The music was brilliant)

N64
                          Killer Instinct N64 Awesome level songs (WHERES THE REMAKE OR DLC VERSION...CRIMINAL)
                          Jet Force Gemini
                          Goldeneye

I'll think of more

Comment

nice thread....

For me it got to be Dracula X rondo on the PCE not just for the music but the intro has to be one of the best ever,gives me goosebumps everytime i hear it

Comment

Virtua Racing - the little tracks at checkpoints are just so cool! If you want to hear these properly avoid the awful ps2 version and seek/emulate the 32x virtua racing deluxe - they have the music nearly perfect.

Comment

F-Zero - White Land 2

F-Zero - Silence - Played by a guy on his keyboards.

F-Zero contains my favourite tunes of all time. Each track has a tune that perfectly suits its atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X