Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still playing XB360 Dishonored DLC missions. Really enjoying this, particularly, the Brigmore Witches. I'm onto the last level unfortunately; really good level design, actually quite attractive with lots to explore. It also ups the ante in terms of the gameplay with some new difficult to deal with enemies.

Like a lot of the main Dishonored game and the other DLC full mission its actually not that big, certainly not open world. But it disguises that so well and despite the limits of the play areas being very obvious it always feels much bigger.

I'd guess that if you played it for High Chaos on Normal difficulty you'd probably breeze through the DLC missions in a few hours but to get the most out of them, just like Hitman, Deus Ex and Thief, they need to be played for stealth, at least in part.

Comment

I’m still playing Turok but I’m doubtful that I’ll stick with it for much longer. It feels very aimless with little to motivate me. It has some good points though - the movement is great. Really fast and it’s got a lovely tilt when you change direction, made all the better by the huge improvement in framerate compared with the original release. But it feels like a mechanic that they struggled to turn into a great game.

Comment

All sorts that will end up in the end of month completed thread but as for the current stuff:

-Judgment
        -Super Mario Maker 2

Comment

I’m playing Yoku’s Island Express on Game Pass. This kinda passed me by because at first glance it looks like a lot of other indie puzzle platformer type games, but I didn’t realise how up my street it actually is.

It’s effectively a pinball platformer, you play a beetle rolling a ball through a 2.5 island filled with flippers you can control with the triggers, collecting items and unlocking new areas by using traditional pinball skills. It’s a lot of fun! If you like pinball, this is a really fresh spin on traditional ball and flippers gameplay. The presentation is charming and cheerful too. Thoroughly diverting.

Comment

I've taken a break from Mafia 3 & on the back of enjoying The Surge, I decided to give Lords of the Fallen another shot. Well I've played a lot more than 1st time around, it's not bad so far. Not as enjoyable as The Surge yet but not the car crash I though on my first try. Perhaps it's because the first time I played on my underwhelming PC and this time on PS4 or maybe my attitude has changed. Shrug. Anyway I'll get another 30 odd hours for yet another freeby from PS+ so happy days!

Comment

Finally bought MGSV on PS4.

I'd already played Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain on PS3(aka The Little Engine That Could) but PP in particular was a jerky mess and I stopped playing it during the beginning of the Kabul part. As in, when you start the game properly after the wicked hospital intro.

Started GZ on PS4 again and it's great. I'll finish it, then start PP and give up at the exact same point, except now it'll be in 1080p at 60fps :P

Comment

Weekend's arriving and it'll be:

-Judgment
                -Super Mario Party
                -Metro: Exodus
                -Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha

Comment

I have been sliding off things on Turok (joycon drift) so I'm going to put that down until I have these joycons fixed or replaced or whatever. Honestly, not sure I'm loving Turok at all. The mechanics are really good after all these years and it feels great. And the level of polish is perfect in that it feels like my nostalgic memory of Turok - improved enough not to look terrible and yet true to the original enough that it doesn't feel like something different. But the main idea of the game is just searching for keys and, well, you know when you lose something at home and you're sure you know where it is and you end up searching the same places over and over? That's not fun in real life and, to me, it's not fun in games either.

So I got myself a game that I reckoned I could play even with joycon drift - Observer. A cyberpunk crime thingy set in Poland starring Rutger Hauer. And I'm only at the beginning but so far I really like it. It's slow and moody has a great feel to it. It feels like a real place and the premise is already pretty intriguing. It's funny having realised why I have been so disconnected to any Cyberpunk 2077 footage in spite of loving cyberpunk that I can see already in this game that it is delivering things I found lacking in promos for that game. Instead of set dressing, the cyberpunk thing is already core to the game and core to the world. So it's early days for this game but I think I might like it.

Comment

Been playing quite a few hours of dance rush stardom at arcade club, it's an incredible rhythm game but my god is the learning curve brutal it makes DDR look so primitive and basic lol. So many dance moves to learn and i still can't shuffle step to save my life but it's super fun as once you learn them all you can mix & freestyle like crazy the machine loves you been flexible with how you play. One day i will get them all mastered then be able to play like a pro, thankfully music games come easy to me.

Comment

Worked mostly on Judgment, now into Chapter 5 of that and am on the third Board of Super Mario Party.

Comment

Still on Observer and coming to the conclusion that this game deserves a lot more attention. Where it falls down are the parts that try to be a game. The game plods along safely until, out of nowhere, you start getting game over screens. But the gamey bits are few and far between and mercifully short.

But the rest? Well that's an incredibly immersive thoughtful cyberpunk crime journey with some crazy surreal sections as you plug into the minds of victims alive and dead and experience their remaining thoughts, which are jumbled and damaged. The locations and the world is really well thought out. It's cyberpunk and familiar in some ways but they really created their own unique version rather than being those people who saw Blade Runner once and think they have it nailed. They explore the effects of the tech and the world by integrating it beautifully into what is essentially a single apartment block.

It's really good.

Comment

Not much really ...

I had a couple of goes of Sniper Elite 4 which I really liked but both times came away feeling a bit motion sick. Shame ... same happened with Rage 2. Either these games are doing something I don't get on with or I'm getting soft.

And a few stints of Yoshi's Crafted World. There's just something I really like about this game.

Comment

Can't stop playing NMS in VR. I just...don't want to go back to playing it on a flat screen.

Comment

I am taking a break from Yakuza 2 Kiwami and started Bloodstained, Ritual of the Night. Which is proving to be most rewarding and entertaining... it is literally Symphony of the Night, with a lick of paint... Such a great game to get stuck into over the bank holiday weekend...

Comment

Finally finished XB360 Dishonored DLC. Great expansion pack although the Dunwall City Trials didn't thrill me greatly the two extra missions were hugely enjoyable, like the main game.

There's a rather good YT video I found afterwards that contains details of all the Easter Eggs hidden in the main game and the DLC. Included are references in it to both the Thief and Deus Ex series which certain members of the development team also worked on.

Just started the first episode of Life Is Strange on XB360 which was offered free to download last year, may still be. Not grabbing me greatly yet, the doings, rivalries, angst and general navel gazing of teenage girls at a US campus is clearly aimed at a different target audience. But I'll stick with it and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X