X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah. Welcome then.

Comment

Hirokun here. Nice meeting you all! Great community from what I have seen!

Comment

Wilkommen das Forum!
        And welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Ah well, here I go again....

My account was destroyed in the data purge a while ago and with it all postings I had written, of course. Charles was kind enough to reinstate it but as it was recently pointed out to me, I haven't been writing anything ever since. That was mostly due to frustration about "losing" everything but also because real-life stuff was going on and I wasn't writing much of anything, anywhere.

I did a real long introduction post "back then" so I'll just keep it short this time. .who knows when the next databse crash is coming. :-p

I'm from Germany, about to be 39 years old in a few days, and have been an avid gamer and probably collector since I was 8 years old. Started with an NES and got a lot of hardware during my early days, thanks to pretty cool parents. I was sporting common stuff like Mega Drive/ Mega CD, Saturn, PlayStation and so on, but also more peculiar import systems like Turbo Duo, 3DO and even a Neo Geo. I never sold anything and still have it all to this day.

But of course I couldn't get EVERYTHING I wanted so I still have systems that are new to me and which are a joy to discover:

- never had a Jaguar until a couple years ago. I had to decide between that or a 3DO FZ-1 and.....err, you know, "Night Trap".
            - never had a Master System because console wars. ^^ Didn't really feel the need although some screenshots DID look nice, and I loved the wordy titles of the "Alex Kidd" games.
            - never had an Amiga CD32 because I was already playing on Amiga 500 and it was basically the same thing to me. Today it's different because I gave away all Amiga and PC stuff to focus on console gaming, and suddely the CD32 became very interesting to me.
            - and yes, I even skipped the N64 because Saturn and PSX were good enough for me and girls were becoming more important than ANY videogames. Today I am using an NTSC system and it's pretty difficult to find (affordable) US versions of the games I still want. Ah well.

Well, that's that. I'm not doing all handhelds either, pretty much just the Gameboy line and the Sony ones. Just more of a TV gamer, I suppose.

I'm enjoying a lot of different games nowadays, from retro to current gen. Favorite genres are probably shoot'em ups, beat'em ups and fighting games, but I also love all the others!

Comment

Hope the real life stuff is ok dude. Perhaps yes because you are having time to type out that "short" () intro. And er yeah, sorry about the data thing. /shame

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Hope the real life stuff is ok dude. Perhaps yes because you are having time to type out that "short" () intro. And er yeah, sorry about the data thing. /shame
                Don't worry about it, the crash was not your fault. **** just happens.

Real life stuff has gotten a lot better, yeah.....thanks! Money is still tight tho so I can't nearly buy everything I would like. But that'll improve too one day! And it's not like I don't have enogh to play around here.

Comment

Been around for a couple of days and thought I'd share some stuff about myself. I'm into my video games (obviously), enhoy a wide range of music, but found a sudden love with piano jazz. I deputy manage a care home for people with dementia, doing the actual manager's dirty work, haha. Quite an open guy with a wife and a two kids. Normal bloke really. Or well I like to think so :P

Comment

Welcome. Enjoy the forum, your post count says already that you won't find it hard to find things to chat about.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Welcome. Enjoy the forum, your post count says already that you won't find it hard to find things to chat about.
                      Cheers I've bounced around forums for most of my online social life, so they're easy to navigate, mainly Codejunkies and various EZboards when that was big

Comment

Originally posted by HailMary View Post
                        Been around for a couple of days and thought I'd share some stuff about myself. I'm into my video games (obviously), enhoy a wide range of music, but found a sudden love with piano jazz. I deputy manage a care home for people with dementia, doing the actual manager's dirty work, haha. Quite an open guy with a wife and a two kids. Normal bloke really. Or well I like to think so :P
                        Welcome!

We won't really know you until we've skated with you though.

We should make a forum meme glossary for newer members.

Comment

Aye, the Internet can be pretty sketchy these days....And some people who dwell on it.

Comment

Hey, good to see there's still activity on the forums! I don't expect anyone to remember me but I thought it might be weird to start posting again out of nowhere - I used to regularly lurk and occasionally post in the retro threads, but since things got a bit hectic in the final years of university I haven't been around.

It's been 3 years since I graduated and started working now and I'd largely fell out of touch with retro gaming and making the time for it, but I've recently found a great local shop I can visit on my lunch breaks from work and I've been having a blast (no pun intended) with the mega drive again.

Guess I'm just looking for somewhere to discuss pickups/conquests and I always found this place very welcoming back in the day!

Comment

Originally posted by Limitless View Post
                              Guess I'm just looking for somewhere to discuss pickups/conquests
                              You’ll be joining MrKirov in the Relationships thread then.

Comment

was going to say the same thing.

Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                                X