Tell me about the Wonderswan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anephric
    A few WSC games were marked with a WScry logo to show that they looked much better on a SwanCrystal, weren't they?

I love my WSCs and I won't hear a word against them, y'hear? They're fruity little bundles of joy.

Although, try playing Beatmania (with mini-turntable) without wanting to hit yourself round the face with a dead cat with broken glass superglued to its flanks :/
    I heard also that some games were optimised fore SwanCrystal.
    Of note seeing as you brought it up, can you use the beatmania device on Crystal, my nerd mind feels empty without this info.

Comment

I feel the same way, it dosnt seem to be a very good console, nor do the games, theres not many games (that i know of) that i want to play, but id still like one! How on earth does that mini turntable work? I just cant imagine it?

Comment

It just pushes the buttons as you spin it. Bit boring, but there ya go.

Comment

i am here to defend the wonderswan's honour, if you looking to buy one for a start you can't expect too much, the console is very cheap and so is most of the games. There is a few decent non heavy text titles to chose from, such as golden axe, the guilty gear petit games and tetris. The biggest problem though is the sound which is rather poor, but the sreen display is far better than the ngpc by far. If your looking for one i wouldn't talk you out of it, it is cheap and cheerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
            I heard also that some games were optimised fore SwanCrystal.
            Of note seeing as you brought it up, can you use the beatmania device on Crystal, my nerd mind feels empty without this info.
            It fits, if you stretch it *fnaar*

It doesn't quite fit on the WSC properly either, seeing as how it was designed for the mono.

I really like my WSs - yeah, they're a bit crap but they're dirt cheap, there's a few games worth getting and there are bags of special edition consoles (Chocobo, Gundam) to hunt down.

Comment

oooh didn't realise Puzzle Bobble was on it, thats another swan game to add to my collection of about 3 :P Mr Driller and Namco's Golf Game are pretty good tho got a full english Digimon RPG for it too.

Comment

Pocket Fighters was mint, as was Mr Driller that Swegaman mentioned.

I know you can pick them up NEW, in Japan now with FF1 or 2, as well as a Digimon game for less that ?7!Definately the time to buy one, although you may get frustrated with the system due to the need for a decent JP ability just to play half the games.

I've played that English Digimon game on emulator, but was it ever released in Japan? Everybody I asked there had never heard of it, and so I have only seen it on fleabay?

Comment

Can you still get the robot/animal thing for it, (been a while since i looked about for wsc) so i may of got it wrong!

Comment

WS got Tetsujin 28go...
                    it's BW title BTW...

Comment

Originally posted by linkedtpthepast
                      Can you still get the robot/animal thing for it, (been a while since i looked about for wsc) so i may of got it wrong!
                      WonderBorgs? Yeah, but they're pretty expensive and sought after...

Comment

Does anyone have the remote control WonderBORG for their WS? Looks pretty damn cool to fiddle with. Is it?

Interestingly, I swear I remember WonderBORGs being available from Freemans Catalogue in the UK, even though you can't buy the WS in the UK. Very odd....

Comment

I've bid on them on numerous occasions on eBay but they've always ended up at over my max bid.

Comment

I've got a list of pretty much every NTSC-J WS title, so if you ever need to know a few facts about a title give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                              WonderBorgs? Yeah, but they're pretty expensive and sought after...
                              there's brand new one sold on Yahoo Japan few weeks ago for around 2500-3000 yen from memory...

Comment

I also [heart] my wonderswan. Crystal is seriously the way to go.

I'd heartily reccommend One Piece: Swan Collusseum, kind of a cross between a 2p fighting game and a platformer, but it works remarkably well and it's cheapo. Rainbow Islands is pretty nice in TATE mode, but it's B&W only.

Also there's Judgement Silversword, which is supposed to be awesome, but it's like rocking horse **** and really pricey.

I want a Handy Sonar. Best peripheral ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X