Tell me about the Wonderswan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about the Wonderswan

In particular the Wonderswan colour. The wsc conpleatley passed me by so id like to find out anything i can as there isnt much information around that i can find. Whats its history?,its capabilites?, what are the games like? (i know its a 16-bit handheld, but are the games up to megadrive standards? For example?) what games are avalible? (please post screens if possible) And any ws c links etc,etc anything anyone can tell me? Many,many thanks.

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...ght=wonderswan

Crap imo.

Comment

It has got a ****ing lovely screen though, but anything's good when you're used to the GBA.

Comment

As that other thread shows, I had a recent affair with a WSC, and it ended in tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
          As that other thread shows, I had a recent affair with a WSC, and it ended in tears.
          Hmmm, just read that thread, hmmm again *strokes chin* you mentioned in one of your posts that you were looking at a compleate list of games and nothing much jumped out at you, do you have a link to that list please??

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
            It has got a ****ing lovely screen though, but anything's good when you're used to the GBA.
            The Crystal maybe? I had a color and it were not much better thna the original GBA.

Has a few good games, but nothing outstandingly exclusive or enough for an exciting import oddessey.

Comment

Yeh the WSC, nice screen.
              Weren't there only about 150 games for it? Looking down the list of them, there's not a whole lot there that's too attractive. Most of the better games probably came out of the homebrew scene like that vertical shmup that's quite fun.

Comment

probably only one worth to have just for collection?

Comment

Where is this list that everyones looking at? Its wrong i know, but i still fancy one.

Comment

Well there's one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                      Where is this list that everyones looking at? Its wrong i know, but i still fancy one.
                      if you have to have one get Wonderswan Crystal...

Comment

What about compatability? There were three models, weren't there? BW, Color and Crystal?

Is Crystal the best version to get in order to play all the games?

I'm new to the whole WS thing, and have been tempted to buy one ever since I saw them for incredibly low prices in Japan, but passed them by.

Comment

I think wonderswan colour and crystal both play all colour and b&w games, but the original ws only plays b&w games. Think i'll pick up a crystal myself

Comment

The Crystal has an improved screen, I don't think there was any difference in terms of spec.

Having said that, the screen is amazing, even better than the NGPC screen. Pity the d-pad is a piece of crap.

Comment

A few WSC games were marked with a WScry logo to show that they looked much better on a SwanCrystal, weren't they?

I love my WSCs and I won't hear a word against them, y'hear? They're fruity little bundles of joy.

Although, try playing Beatmania (with mini-turntable) without wanting to hit yourself round the face with a dead cat with broken glass superglued to its flanks :/

Comment

Working...
                              X