No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !

Comment

I see no word on such a delay on their front page. And who is "Beagle" anyway, he has no affiliation with the magazine that I can see and he's not a forum admin or moderator.

Comment

I sooooo hope your right and i was just over reacting lol.

Comment

I hope this isnt true, i was so looking forward to this.

Comment

Its been made a sticky on the forum so It's more than likely true.

Comment

Seems he's part of a user moderator group on the forum, but its odd that no official source has confirmed the delay.

Comment

Just read that the xbox 360 supports USB keyboards for this game.... please bring out a wireless one microsoft or whats the point...

Comment

Sucks if it is delayed. I really didn't like FFXI one bit when I played it on the PC (wasn't FF enough for me... in fact, it's bearly FF at all IMO), but I'm well prepared to give it another chance with this free beta.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle
                    Just read that the xbox 360 supports USB keyboards for this game.... please bring out a wireless one microsoft or whats the point...
                    I use my PC's wireless USB keyboard with the 360

Comment

So looked around for the mag today and it seems it has been put back as i couldnt find it anywhere.

Comment

Anyone managed to get a copy?

Comment

Testing period for first 360 MMORPG begins, spots available to purchasers of Official Xbox Magazine.

Xbox 360 owners will soon get the opportunity to take a sneak peak of the world of Vana'diel, as the Final Fantasy XI beta testing period for Microsoft's new console has officially begun. Gamers can register for the beta now at Square Enix's PlayOnline Web site, which handles all subscriptions for Final Fantasy XI.

After applying, gamers will need to get their hands on the February issue of The Official Xbox Magazine and its demo disc, which includes the beta versions of the original game and both the Rise of the Zilart and Chains of Promathia expansion packs. The beta period will be free of charge to players, and the game can be logged onto using either a premium Gold or fee-free Silver Xbox Live account.

When the game goes live in May, Xbox 360 players will be able to rub elbows and swap healing potions with their PlayStation 2 and PC counterparts. But for the duration of the beta test, Xbox 360 users will be kept on their own servers. They will be able to interact with beta testers from Europe and Japan, however. While Square Enix has issued a list of known issues with the beta game, support for USB keyboards and mice has been included.

Originally released in mid-2002 for the PlayStation 2 in Japan, Square Enix's massively multiplayer online role-playing game has since migrated to PCs, the American PS2, and perhaps finally, the Xbox 360. Square Enix is promising enhanced visuals, audio, and other unique features for the game's debut on Microsoft's next-generation hardware.

Other versions of Final Fantasy XI have been rated T for Teen. The Xbox 360 edition is currently scheduled to hit stores in May. Stay tuned to GameSpot for more coverage.

You can sign up for the Beta test http://www.playonline.com/betaeu/

Comment

Just got my codes, wounder if a wireless usb mouse and keyboard will work?

This would be awsome if it does, http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=258242

Otherwise looks like im getting this...

Just need the magazine now lol
                            Last edited by djtickle; 06-01-2006, 09:06.

Comment

lolz:

"The registration codes that will be issued are for the European (North American) beta test only. They cannot be used for North American (European) service."

Comment

Sombody on xbox.com forums says there wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse works on theres so looks like im gonna grab this and HOPE for the best!!

Ill let you all know later if it works!!
                                Last edited by djtickle; 06-01-2006, 10:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X