Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to hotlink to an offsite image for an avatar instead of uploading it?

My gamercard automatically updates on other forums, but over here I have to manually update.

I'm not expert on how the system works but there's currently an option to load an avatar from a URL - couldn't you just use that? Or does it not update once loaded?

Comment

I can load it, but its only a still which gets uploaded onto the site, so if the original avatar on mygamercard.com changes, it wont automatically change on here.

Comment

I believe Neil is testing something like that for the new version of the forum. Not sure when it will be ready for the upgrade though. He's a busy man. So, yeah it's not possible atm, but will be soonish.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
          I believe Neil is testing something like that for the new version of the forum. Not sure when it will be ready for the upgrade though. He's a busy man. So, yeah it's not possible atm, but will be soonish.
          Another new version?! Hope you lot dont change much, its great the way it is now.

Comment

This often happens due to a bug in many PHP forums - offsite linking conveniently ignores file size and image size restraints, leading to some plank uploading a 600x600 avatar.

This may not happen on vBulletin; I'm pretty sure it happens on PhpBB though, and perhaps even Invision boards.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHa
              Another new version?! Hope you lot dont change much, its great the way it is now.
              Nah, it's just the new version of the Vbulletin code. Visually, there will be very little change.

Comment

The answer is here - http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...ewpost&t=52373

Comment

Working...
                X