Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent Wireless 5.1 setup?

Guys

Ive just ordered my new LCD telly and im wanting to whack some 5.1 into the bad boy to make it the bomb

em...so anyways anyone know of any decent 5.1 set up thats wireless? i want something without all the clutter of wires coming from the unit out to each speaker

ta

I know logitech do some with wireless rear speakers

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10928

They are about ?250

Then pioneer and panasonic do some which are like ?500

Comment

Ive been thinking about this recently, i need a speaker set up, what do people generally do with the wires? Just leave them out? make holes in the carpet?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
        I know logitech do some with wireless rear speakers

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10928

They are about ?250

Then pioneer and panasonic do some which are like ?500
        Hmm the logitech ones look not too bad, ideally i want one with all 5 speakers totally wireless so i can put the decoder in my tv unit and have teh speakers all over the room with no wires.

Saying that if its going to add ??? to the price then i suppose i could dig out the rooms spare paint and cover them all

Comment

I'm not sure whether you can get fully wireless ones, and it would eat batteries

Comment

Decent powered speakers need to be driven by the mains, so you will lose wires to the amp but need plug sockets at each speaker. Waste of time. Just get normal speakers.

Comment

HMm aye true, right ill get oot the paint brush then

cheers guys

Comment

I asked a similar question a while back, and the impression I got is that the speakers also take a hit in sound quality, so it's just not worth it.

Comment

Yeah, paint brush is the way I'm going. Going to channel the walls, insert plastic guides and plaster round and paint. Wish all houses had this built in, although postion is a bit difficult to predict for everyone's tastes I guess.

Comment

wireless tech is still truly awful... you'll get some form of sound out of them but not an accurate reproduction of any sort of music.

cable everything up and use your ears to listen to the speakers and your eyes to look at the telly.

Comment

I hate anything wireless, it's both pants and goes wrong. Then I get people in my flat snubbing my network coz it ain't wireless - Why the hell would I want it to be? Both the PC and 360 are less than a foot away from the cable modem. :SHUT UP SLAGS!!!:

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                        I hate anything wireless, it's both pants and goes wrong. Then I get people in my flat snubbing my network coz it ain't wireless - Why the hell would I want it to be? Both the PC and 360 are less than a foot away from the cable modem. :SHUT UP SLAGS!!!:
                        Not EVERYTHING wireless is crap. For example, the Logitech cordless mice (rechargeable ones) are a great advertisement for wireless tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                          Ive been thinking about this recently, i need a speaker set up, what do people generally do with the wires? Just leave them out? make holes in the carpet?
                          I go under the floorboards, but then I have an old house.

If you have carpet, the easiest way is to cut a 5mm channel in the foam underlay next to the carpet runners. No-one treads right next to the skirting boards and as the runners are hard anyway, the wire is completely unnoticable when the carpet is laid back down.

I did this in one room where the wire was going around an old fire place and lifting the floorboards would have been a nightmare. It worked a treat, even with half decent wire like QED silver anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                            I go under the floorboards, but then I have an old house.

If you have carpet, the easiest way is to cut a 5mm channel in the foam underlay next to the carpet runners. No-one treads right next to the skirting boards and as the runners are hard anyway, the wire is completely unnoticable when the carpet is laid back down.

I did this in one room where the wire was going around an old fire place and lifting the floorboards would have been a nightmare. It worked a treat, even with half decent wire like QED silver anniversary.
                            ah now this is cool, my house is ancient its like 100 years + old so i should be able to go under the floorboards, i might just cut the carpet a wee bit and send the cables around

cheers m8

Comment

You could always use that wire casing stuff, trunking is it ? Pin it to the bottom of your skirting boards, then run the wire through that. Would be nice and neat, cheap, and easily accessible if need be.

Comment

Working...
                              X