No announcement yet.

Prison Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Whistler just some story arc they decided not to persue (and so had him shot)? The only thing I can see that came out of it was that Burrows got a new gf

Comment

It doesn't really make sense, the whole Company wanting to get Whistler out thing. You're right though, they must have explained it.

The writers did have a habit of killing characters once they no longer served a purpose, or getting rid of them like Whistler and later Gretchen.

Linc did steal Whistler's girlfriend, it's funny how in the process of being on the run and trying to solve a massive conspiracy both Linc and Michael find love, makes me laugh.

Comment

Sure with Michael & Sarah it was more of a love at first sight thing.

PB probably would win an Oscar if there was such a category as "Most far-fetched plot" though

Comment

The second finale will be on Sky next Wednesday. World exclusive - may not even be aired in the US!

Comment

Is the Sky exclusive the two episodes that are destined for the DVD?

:edit: Ok yeah it is.
            Last edited by randombs; 22-05-2009, 20:49.

Comment

Just watched the "Final Break" dvd movie and it was actualy better than the finale

The story was alot more exciting, I presume it was basicaly what was originaly planned as the entire 5th and final season in much condensed form and worked really well.

Shame they had already let us know how it ended in the season 4 finale though, would have been even more touching/shocking, if we didnt know.

Comment

I also just watched the Final Break. Feel a bit sad after watching that.. Nothing lasts forever I suppose.

Comment

The women's prison setting was a bit strange, that 'daddy' character irritated the hell out of me. Used to be a Prisoner Cell Block H fan as a kid (!) so I odn't know why it put me off so much. It was hard accepting Sarah in her survival mode as well, just couldn't imagine her character getting into fights etc although they did toughen her up in the last couple of seasons. Good to see Gretchen again but what are the odds of her, The General and T-Bag ending up in the same prison?

Still, although I didn't like it that much, it was good to see the characters one last time. I agree with rmoxon that perhaps they shouldn't have showed Michael's fate in the last episode of S4, perhaps saved it for this special.

I think it was billy who said in this thread that although you might at times go off the show you still love it in the end and that's how I feel. The show was stupid at times but it still kept me hooked till the end.

Comment

That was far more enjoyable than the running around after Scylla and its a damn shame it wasn't the premise for the last series, and I don't just mean the appeal of lonely Sarah and Gretchen in the showers (well OK I do)

Plothole galore as always but entertaining nonetheless. Nice to see Michael bow out as a hero too.

Comment

I found it hard to beleive the general as just another prisoner, given his history of being the head of the uber-powerful The Company, even if it was shut down i'd assume he still has contacts in high places, not just 1 associate who can only lay his hands on 100k, but then again like someone said it's plot hole galore and enjoyable all the same

Comment

Watched Final Break over the weekend and echo the above comments, really enjoyed it. Full of holes in the plot yes, and as if Michael wouldn't have thought of getting immunity for Sarah when all the guys got their pardons.

Nice take-down by Gretchen flinging that lady on to the coat hook.

Comment

Following on from news that FOX is planning a return of “The X-Files,” further word has come out of the network’s TCA presentation this weekend which indicated there’s also very early plans afoot for the potential returns of both “Prison Break” and “24”. Fox Television Group chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman has […]

Very early but word is that Fox is planning another revival by bringing back Prison Break as a limited serial like the last season of 24 was

Comment

Read an article in the Metro today about studios reviving old shows by the bucket load, enjoyed PB, but without Wentworth Miller can't see it being anywhere near the same, though loved the character T-Bag

Comment

Working...
                            X