No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prodigy were excellent. Maxim came down to shake the kid’s hand while climbing over the barrier to join the crowd for Voodoo People. The whole place was one big bouncing party - even the balconies, it was incredible.

See if you can spot us. James is on my shoulders.

Mum didn’t appreciate being bashed about and showered with beer, so we moved to the left side after the opening. She made a little montage of clips…

Last edited by dataDave; 01-12-2023, 15:52.

Comment

Senser last night in London was possibly the best gig and track list ever. Amazing

Comment

I saw loads of pics of The Darkness tour and I got FOMO so got a return on Twickets and saw them in the Wolverhampton Civic on Saturday.
        It was a great gig and Justin Hawkins encouraged people not to film the whole thing and it worked - barely anyone raised their camera and even then it was just a snap, so the crowd and the band were really into it.

It was the anniversary tour of Permission To Land, which is great, but they've done loads of other great songs, so it was nice to hear a few others too and I'll see them next tour to hear a wider mix.

Amazing night!

Comment

Made a Spotify playlist featuring songs from the artists I saw in 2023.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-12-2023, 22:02.

Comment

Left it a bit late but started my gig going for 2024 last week.

Saw Drab Majesty @ Fabric in Islington last Thursday. Excellent Darkwave/dreampop/synth.

​​​​​​

Also saw Brothertiger @ Downstairs at The Dome (FKA Boston Music Room) in Tufnell Park last Sunday. Similar retro synthwave lines and entertaining with it. Honourable mention goes to IVERSEN for providing enjoyable opening act support on the night.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-02-2024, 16:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Left it a bit late but started my gig going for 2024 last week.

Saw Drab Majesty @ Fabric in Islington last Thursday. Excellent Darkwave/dreampop/synth.
              Ah man, I only found out about the show about a couple of days before and I'd planned too much either side of it to make it work, but now I'm even more gutted to have missed the chance! Have wanted to catch them for a bit - really, really love The Demonstration in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Ah man, I only found out about the show about a couple of days before and I'd planned too much either side of it to make it work, but now I'm even more gutted to have missed the chance! Have wanted to catch them for a bit - really, really love The Demonstration in particular.
                Second time I've seen them live - saw them at Powerhaus (FKA Dingwalls) in Camden back in 2019. They were excellent then as they were last week. Strong recommend if you can catch them the next time they're over here.

I've been bumping tracks like Oxytocin and Long Division.on the regular recently. So good!

Comment

Saw a Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana tribute night in Leicester last weekend.
                  I've really hit it off with "Billy", who is a lovely bloke.
                  They play a really good set and by that I mean they don't play all the new stuff, which is wank.
                  Zero
                  Today
                  Hummer
                  Muzzle
                  I Am One
                  Adore
                  Soma
                  Disarm
                  Geek USA
                  Mayonnaise
                  Thru the Eyes of Ruby
                  Cherub Rock
                  Tonight Tonight
                  Bullet With Butterfly Wings

I'll always regret not seeting Nirvana, and I've never seen a tribute live before, so it was a real treat to hear those songs live and loud. Found myself loving all those Bleach and Incesticide tracks:
                  Serve The Servants
                  School
                  Dive
                  Breed
                  In Bloom
                  Dumb
                  Scentless Apprentice
                  Molly's Lips
                  R Me
                  About a Girl
                  Come As You Are
                  Milk It
                  Teen Spirit
                  Heart Shaped Box
                  All Apologies
                  Tourettes
                  Drain You

What was crazy for me was that the venue was between the two unis, so it was packed with yoof. who all had a blast - singing along and moshing, so it felt to me like seeing the actual bands early in there career, as I will forever be about 19 in my head!

Comment

Talking of tributes, I'll be going to the WV1 Fest again, which is starting to be one of my highlights of the year.
                    Here's this year's lineup:

We had a monumental time at Bestival in 2023, so we bought tickets before we even saw the lineup, but now it's been revealed, I'm chuffed:

Comment

Went to see Jehst at the Jazz Café last Wednesday in pretty much a repeat of his show at said venue around the exact same time last year. Even had Confucius MC return to support him on the night.

One of UK Hip-Hop's very best as far I'm concerned.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-03-2024, 14:58.

Comment

Working...
                      X