No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like there a tickets left for Weird Al in Glasgow on Friday. I think I'll see if the good lady fancies going.

Comment

Then I won't say too much and let you enjoy the show.
      I loved it!

Comment

So it's Rammstein, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden for the headline slots at Download 2016. I'm happy with that lot. Good thing too as I already have tickets!
        Anyone else going next year?

Comment

I'd love to go, but I'm unsure if I'm busy that weekend.

I'm not a massive Rammstein fan, but I've heard their live shows are immense.

Maiden can't do a bad show and I've loved it every time I've seen them ("Scream for me, Donnington!").

Sabbath on their final tour will be legendary though. I saw them when they played Download a few years back and shortly after in Manchester.
          The latter gig was good but the crowd were really still and really contrasted to Download where the atmosphere was electric with everyone singing along to the solos and kids crowdsurfing in Iron Man masks!

I'd really like to go...

Manchester
          [hide][/hide]

Download
          [hide][/hide]
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-10-2015, 08:00.

Comment

Rammstein were brilliant at Download 2013. Loads of pyro and the poor keyboard player got burnt, boiled and sh*gged up the derri?re! Not too mention the crowd spraying phallic cannon. Purile? Yes. Funny? Very.

I actually missed Sabbath the last time they played Download but saw them in Glasgow later that year. Immense. Shame when you saw them in Manchester the atmosphere wasn't all that. You should come up to Scotland and see how it's done.

Maiden better stick to the tried and tested festival set list of hits. I don't think I could stomach a Books Of Souls dominated set. Their new album tours are never great these days.

Comment

Couple of gigs this week. Saw Eagles of Death Metal in Glasgow on Wednesday. Fantastic gig. I hope the guys will eventually return to recording and touring but after the events in Paris I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Friday night was Evil Scarecrow at The Attic (upstairs at The Garage) in Glasgow. Great laugh and possibly the smallest venue in the country. The band are really a solid metal group and deserve a bit more exposure. I hope they are back at Download next year.

Comment

Off to Deftones and Architects at Wembley Arena on Saturday.

First gig I have ever sat down at (missed the standing tickets) depending on the set list I may be diving off the balcony tho

Comment

Day after I post that...they cancel the rest of the tour after the Paris attacks!

Comment

After the sophistimacted evening at the Symphony Hall on Friday, it's business-as-usual for the next week or so.
                    The Atomic Bitchwax in Milton Keynes on Wednesday.
                    Orange Goblin in Wolverhampton on Thursday.
                    Ash a week Wednesday in Wolves.

I'm really psyched about TAB as I only discovered them this year and their album Gravitron is immense!
                    I'll probably be the only one there asking for more new stuff.
                    [hide][/hide]

Comment

Off to see Mozzer with my daughter.

Comment

Woah there’s a lot of stuff missing from this thread. Or as I call it my gig archive. Got Clutch tickets this morning. No gigs lined up until Otoboke Beaver in April though.

Comment

You can browse here:

I'll try and post some key gigs if I get time.

Comment

Show was fabulous. We got hit with a How soon us now, followed by Every day is like Sunday double whammy towards the end which was just spectacular. His voice is getting better with age.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Off to see Mozzer with my daughter.
                              Ha, that make me think of this:

Also, his new album cover:

Comment

If my flu disappears along with the snow then I've got Elbow with John Grant supporting on Saturday.

Tower of Power play the Cheltenham Jazz Festival this May. Their only uk date.

Comment

Working...
                                X