No announcement yet.

Tell me about the pc engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's only a few games worth playing on the FX and i mean a few. Chip Chan Kick is a classic platformer that deserves a release to a larger audience. You can pick up the FX fairly cheaply but the games can be pricey unless you yarr.

Comment

Had a Duo RX in the past but have to say the white/core/coreII are the best hardware wise. You just cant beat them for simplicity of design, the power/av and pad connections on seperate sides of the machine, the diddy cards..... Mmmmmmm PC Engine

As for the games, there is plenty of chod but I have about 100, of which all are at least good, a third of those are top titles.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
        so people, please tell me about the pc engine
        It's old, 8-Bit, and from the '80s. You wouldn't like it

Comment

But its not a speccie!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
            If you're talking in terms of overall quality, then yeah the pce is better, just. Both machines have lots of classics..but the pce just edges it.(imo)
            Aye, you get me.

Supergrahx only though, not regular pce (but as you say a stunning game)
            Yeah, I often forget about that

I dunno about that tbh. Sure, all the genres the pce has are covered by other systems. But that doesn't deny that there are a shed load of pce exclusive games that are must haves. Also doesn't deny that the pce does have some of the finest examples of some games/genres you will ever play. R-Type an example of the former, DracX the latter.
            Aye, that's my point. I love you

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
              But its not a speccie!
              I don't love you anymore

Comment

Overrated to me,
                Got nothing onthe Master System , never mind the likes of the Mega Drive or Snes. Great machine and Really powerful for the time .
                But there's far better shooters and platform games onthe Mega Drive, and I liked the Super Nintendo version of R-Type far more (but that's just me).

In saying that Jackie Chan, and Tiger Helli, Dracula X are bloody gems and there are some good shooters onthe system( but nothing that can touch the likes of Tunder Force 4). And I soon to be having Splash Lake which I've been told in one ofthe best 2 player games ever

Comment

Hey, are these HuCards any good/valuable/whatever? I picked them up in a trade a while ago, but have no hardware.

W-Ring
                  Override

I'm guessing they're shooters (Why is there never any screenshots?!)

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                    I don't love you anymore
                    No no, continue the love. That was just a reference to another persons tirade against the speccy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                      Hey, are these HuCards any good/valuable/whatever? I picked them up in a trade a while ago, but have no hardware.

W-Ring
                      Override

I'm guessing they're shooters (Why is there never any screenshots?!)
                      www.pcecp.com is your friend

Comment

Awesome site! Cheers for that Wheelaa...

BTW, if anyone has a copy of R-Type they don't want anymore, please let me know!

Comment

wheela you seem to be the person to ask when it comes to niche jap systems, so what do you think of the FX? i was looking at it again ands i think it my well be worth the money just for chip chan kick, zenki, and zeroigar alone, its not like theres any other way to play these games.

Comment

Emulator Magic Engine FX is coming along strong, a lot of games are 100%.

Ive chickened out everytime ive had a penchant for buying one, literalluy limited to around 7/8 games, 3 of which are those FMV fighters......they are the main draw for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                              Overrated to me,
                              Got nothing onthe Master System , never mind the likes of the Mega Drive or Snes. Great machine and Really powerful for the time .
                              But there's far better shooters and platform games onthe Mega Drive, and I liked the Super Nintendo version of R-Type far more (but that's just me).

In saying that Jackie Chan, and Tiger Helli, Dracula X are bloody gems and there are some good shooters onthe system( but nothing that can touch the likes of Tunder Force 4). And I soon to be having Splash Lake which I've been told in one ofthe best 2 player games ever

I agree that the Engine is edged out by the MD & SFC, but the Master System? Shurly shome mishtake?

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                                wheela you seem to be the person to ask when it comes to niche jap systems, so what do you think of the FX? i was looking at it again ands i think it my well be worth the money just for chip chan kick, zenki, and zeroigar alone, its not like theres any other way to play these games.
                                (Kind of you to say but hardly true, lol. PCE is hardly niche either.)

Personally I haven't got a PCFX and don't plan on getting one. There are only 3 games I would want to play on it (the ones you list) and tbh getting a system for 3 games isn't for me. I like getting into the meat and bones of each system I go for, and sadly the pcfx is ****e in that regard (imo). (although I do quite like the chunky game cases).

If you really wanna play the games then go for it (then sell it to me cheap when you get bored please, ta ), but bear in mind those 3 games could be a little spendy if you want nice minty copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X