No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wreckgar is a tit and his spaceship is wank.Look at it ! its a mess!

don murphy comes across as a complete twot in my opinion, I really cant see this film being good atall, which is a shame..

but, do you really need a "good" film? all i want to see is massive amazing looking robots smashing things up and destroying people. Also i think soundwaves been confirmed to not being a helicopter now.

he should be an Ipod, would that just be Cool.....yawn

Comment

Originally posted by Pezley

he should be an Ipod, would that just be Cool.....yawn
      Then Laserbeak would have to be a cheap pair of (dirty) white earphones.

Comment

The Wreck-Gar toy was class. I saved up all my pennies for weeks to get it.

Comment

i used to collect transformers gave them to my little brother

Think i had the optimus prime when where he combined with his trailer

Comment

gah i had that wreckgar when young, its worth a bit now too

all my tf's since i started again *wince* in 2000 are in my loft , no room to put them, I get a couple every now and again if I see them cheap for 99p tatty condition or whatever, but anything other than G1/some of G2 sucks anyway

so yeah, about the film, lets hope its G1 based, or has that been confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
              The Wreck-Gar toy was class. I saved up all my pennies for weeks to get it.
              Totally disagree - this was when Transformers stopped looking like stuff. They just looked like folded up plastic robots. Nah, you can't beat the days when Transformers actually looked like cars - they just looked like cars (or planes, whatever), that was all. Then they started with characters like Kupp and so on who just transformed from a plasticy robot to a plasticy robot lying down.

Nah, even the Dinobots looked like they transformed into something completely different.

But not Wreck-Gar. He's in the 'plasticy robot lying down' category.

Comment

well, it was confirmed, then they said it would be a start from scratch, now they are saying **** you to the fans and they will do what they want. So basically it means any hopes of original characters is small. Expect the original names but for the characters to be new developments i guess.

still have my wreck-gar proudly sitting up next to the rest of my G1's

shame G1 toys these days look tosh, so solid and square

for anyone interested the 20th anni masterpiece prime will be in toys r us in this country within a couple months ( its in warehouse at toys r us now ) for ?49.99.... definately worth it

Comment

I hope its the metal jap one and not the plastic battle damaged US one

woo

Comment

the die cast is the same on both, only difference is the US release had battle damage ( to be fair, its removed easily and doesnt look all bad ) and it has shorter smoke stacks due to child toy safety laws ( you can even buy replacements ). On a plus side the newer US ones had a black gun so was more accurate

Comment

The impression I got from what the production team has has said is that it will be G1-based - but Hasbro are producing a new range of toys based on the movie so my guess is that there will be variations on the G1 stuff. I assume the 'transformations' will be normal cars and stuff - not the futuristic stuff seen from about 1986 G1 onwards.

But not Wreck-Gar. He's in the 'plasticy robot lying down' category
                      I agree that from 1986 onwards the range did get a little silly with its designs, but I still like them. You have to remember that most of the early toys were based on a different toy line (Diaclones) so by 1986 the designers probably wanted to break free of that to a degree and create fantastic designs. Oh, and Wreck Gar actually had quite a bit of diecast metal on him - just as much as the early G1 stuff, anyway.

I had loads of TFs - and I kept all of them in tip top condition, even as a kid. My mum sold them all at a car boot sale. I suppose deep down, I've never really forgiven her. *sob*

Personal faves (as well as Wreck Gar) were Trypticon and Double Dealer.
                      Last edited by Duddyroar; 24-02-2006, 13:25.

Comment

I had loads of G1 Transformers. After several years of 'careful' play i let my younger brother have them, who then pretty much destroyed my entire collection within a couple of weeks (little fecker).

I think the new movie could work but will need some heavy money thrown at it to look faithful in my eyes. From what i've read over the past year or so it's gonna be squarely aimed as a family/kids movie. Hopefully family movie will be more Harry Potter than Scooby Doo. I'm just looking forward to all the new merchandise that will no doubt come.

Here's a piccy of most of my remaining Robots in Disguise!:-

Comment

Used to read a few transformer comics i remember some of the comics not really being dumbed down for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
                            Here's a piccy of most of my remaining Robots in Disguise!:-
                            That's not Jetfire I see is it? Looks too big to be one of the decepticon planes... nah it must be Starscream in retrospect. Don't remember Optimus Prime being so titchy!

Comment

definately not jetfire, tis starscream. also, you have powermaster prime head and no body ! ooof, headless prime somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Pezley
                                definately not jetfire, tis starscream. also, you have powermaster prime head and no body ! ooof, headless prime somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X