No announcement yet.

Tetris DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got this yesterday, and its really nice.
    i wasnt really happy that the infinite spin and holding a peice were going to be included, as i felt that ruined tetris worlds on xbox live. not sure if theres something about this version, or wether i've just changed, but i really dont mind now. spining a peice loads is useless online anyway.

i havent played all the modes online yet, but its very easy for a quick go to turn into an hour.

Comment

I've had this since Tuesday, I find it a tad slugish and sometimes it isn't quick enough for my pieces to stick to the bottom, but I love it.

I'm loving the new modes and it's fun with the family trying to out-do each others top scores.

Online mode is cracking too, but I keep getting my arse whipped! - Need more practice I think.

Comment

Just put my order in at VG+ how does this work online ?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS
          It's a really nice version of the game. Not tried online yet, but I've cleared the 200 line standard game this morning,
          Impressive.

I'm finding it tough beyond 100 lines! Guess I need more practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
            I'm finding it tough beyond 100 lines! Guess I need more practice.
            You need to make heavy use of the infinite rotation feature to clear the 200 rows, at least that?s how I managed to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
              Just put my order in at VG+ how does this work online ?
              It works almost exactly like Mario Kart DS, but there are no custom icons and the game uses the name you entered in the DS setup.
              If you just want to play 2-Player standard or push mode its easy to find an opponent in a matter of seconds / max. 1 minute.
              Sometimes it take a bit until the game starts, however once the game started there is absolutely no problem with lag or whatever. Even in push mode, where both players furiously work on the same batch of tetrinos, there is really no problem - it?s as if you play someone locally or the cpu.

In four player mode it takes a while to gather four player and the game will not start if someone drops from the game. However, once the game is in play it does not stop if a player disconnects. To have another round though, it is required that all four players stay in the game. (if you lose early you have to watch the others play)

Depending on your win/lose ratio your rating is calculated. You start with 5000 and with each win / loss it increases or decreases...

In conclusion, the WiFi (online) Multiplayer is excellent!
              Last edited by Balou; 01-04-2006, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Balou
                You need to make heavy use of the infinite rotation feature to clear the 200 rows, at least that?s how I managed to do it...
                Yeah, after about 100 lines it gets a bit fast and I remember I can rotate. Sometimes can just keep going without rotation, especially if you are using the hold button as well, because then you have double the choices to fill gaps. Nearer 200 lines its a case of drop, rotate for awhile. On my first go on endless mode got to 308 lines, I have a feeling with the rotation you could keep going for a long long while, in fact I've heard that after 999 lines the line count resets. Ouch, that would definitely hurt my hands to play that long

Comment

I am confused as my copy only lets me make 200 lines i then get the credits and thats it.

I do not have a mode called endless mode.

I have Standard mode but as i said theres a 200 line max.

Comment

If you've done 200 lines, you should get an endless option in standard mode.

Comment

yep i did 200 on my first go but it just cut off and went to credits and it did it again. However i found out what i needed to do on gamefaqs, i had to tick a box.

I am loving this game, its amazing online.

Played 20 won 19 which is a good record imo...

Comment

I am SLOWLY liking the Touch tower mode more and more. However, I still find it really hard to think ahead and plan chain drops, it is taking me a hell of a lot of practice to try and get those chains ON PURPOSE instead of just touching and hoping.

I did start to approach the mode in a different way, moving the blocks in a way that set thm up for 3 or 4 line clears, which was fun, but when the tower was cleared the score I got was really low. I guess that falling chains are the only way to maximise the score, but it makes the mode much more complex. You have to think WAY ahead and plan for the movement of every single bit of block, and the sticky out bits of the blocks that are left too...I guess it takes practice. It may be rewarding in the long term.

Having played more of the Touch Puzzle mode I can see that it does try to force you think more in terms of chains than just clearing a set number of lines at a time.

Online mode: Having only played Mario Kart online, I can only compare it to that. I must say that it is a much less stressful experience in terms of disconnection and Wins and losses. The point system is great, the lower ranking you get the more points you can win for one victory, and vice versa. It is this that makes me not care at all if I am getting thrashed by one guy, as it really gives me an incentive to try and get a good reward for a win with no need to worry for a loss. People who drop out also give you the win and the points automatically, so on that score I have no complaints at all.

Catch mode is very confusing and will need lots of practice, it is effectively like normal tetris, just imagine instead of turning the pieces that come down, you have to turn the floor itself.
                        Good long term potential!
                        Last edited by evert; 02-04-2006, 10:45.

Comment

I thought catch mode was very easy to get into/understand.

This game shines online, its just a shame its so hard to get a 4 player game going.

Comment

I love this game! i only traded a copy as my brother is getting it as we speak.
                            I finished standard on my second go, the after touch makes it easy but is still fun.
                            I found endless mode ok, got 304 lines and got bored.
                            For me, the action is against people either on-line or off-line and this is not what sells it for me, it is the great marathon mode, all about speed and skill i love it! although my 360,000 score might not be that high, but i do love that as much as anything else this game offers, great game.

EDIT I meant mission mode! that makes the game for me! (just over 370,000)
                            Last edited by ShadowDancer; 04-04-2006, 12:08.

Comment

Got mine this morning - can barely put it down!

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday - It's amazing that something so old (20years or so ?) can still enthrall the way it does - I was transfixed to the screen whilst playing this last night and all the little Nintendo touches are just brilliant.

Must buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X