Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes sense I s'pose, I never really tried it for that long

Originally posted by Fuddle
    otherwise i guess you'd just end up with four muppets with totally filled columns spinning one peice at the very top, all refusing to lose.
    That's genius. I'm thinking reality TV show!

Comment

I picked this up today. As I expected, I have not mellowed to the infinite spin mechanic.

What I didn't expect was to loathe the style. It sounded great with the 8-bit themes but the music is vile with possibly the worst renditions of Mario themes I have ever heard and that rotation 'sprite' thing on the right is like some awful cheap screensaver. It's ick.

I also find it bizarre that they can put so many modes in and not include a classic mode. That catch mode seems interesting though and I'd say the puzzle mode will grab me. Mostly though, I got this for my wife. Though she won't put up with that music, she even plays Lumines with the sound down.

Comment

My favorite mode at the moment is Push mode online. The gameplay is a great mix of speed/reflexes and strategy and the music goes along very well with the situation on screen. I like it how it pushes one to go faster and faster if defeat is near, but also creates this feeling of relief if one manages to clear some rows and move the tetrino patch down towards the opponent. On a good match it can go down, up, down, up - relief, stress, relief, stress ..

Comment

Push mode was the 1 mode i could not get into...

Catch mode is by far my favourite...

Comment

Awesomeness

I must say that a good game never goes old. I got this in the mail yesterday and I'm really liking it. While the old classic mode keeps me busy there are some nice additions with the new modes, like touch, and the Nintendo themes and tunes really keep you at it.

One thing that should be mentioned as a downside, while I don't mind it though, is "lying" to the machine. I was already on level sixteen on Standard marathon mode and what kept me alive was the constant rotating and moving of the blocks. Even though they're touching the bottom blocks, you can still move it giving you more time to think. This is nice for me, who is not that quick at Tetris and only a novice (I haven't really played this game since this was out on the GB 16 years ago) but not that "honest" if you think about it.

Despite that, this is a DS game worth its money. There's no puzzle game like it.

edit: I noticed that the "lying" is called "infinite spin", is it not?

Comment

finally!! I finished marathon mode (200 lines), that was so tiring!!!

I also unlocked these two things, not much though:

All the soundtrack and infinite mode!

Comment

Just wanted to note:
                Tetris DS is my most-played DS game so far. In fact, it?s the only game I play at the moment - the multiplayer is so much fun and easy to set up!

I wonder, how well did Tetris DS sell all over the world?

Comment

Pfft!!! That's nowt...
                  Just think of what I did - I did 3840 lines before I got bored in endless mode!!!

Originally posted by Hosain H
                  finally!! I finished marathon mode (200 lines), that was so tiring!!!

Comment

You must have been bored to death...
                    I stopped playing at level 101, after I noticed that the counter stops at 999 rows.

Comment

Yeah, standard endless mode is really boring and no real challenge...
                      Real challenge is beating others online - There's some real ninja players out there!

Comment

Just got the Japanese version and love it. Is "Catch" the Metroid-themed game?

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                          Just got the Japanese version and love it. Is "Catch" the Metroid-themed game?

Yes, i think.

Comment

ZOMG!

Nothing compared to Phillia's score but I'm happy with it.

Haven't touched Tetris DS much this year. Preferred to play the wonderswan version instead when travelling/waiting. Had a few quick marathon games last night and banged this beauty out this morning whilst waiting for Parcel Force.

Comment

Thats a great score. I love playing tetris but am pretty crap at it. I never get bored of playing it though.

Comment

I was just checking out the Twin Galaxies site and someone has actually played endless mode live to 99,999,999 points. Even more impressive is he's scores 1.2 million in standard marathon. Crackers.

Comment

Working...
                                X