1 Xbox Live Gamer tag on 2 Xbox 360s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Xbox Live Gamer tag on 2 Xbox 360s

I have 2 xbox 360s' that i'm running the same Xbox Live Gold account on.

I have saved my Gamer profile to a memory card, which i use on which ever xbox360 i'm using at the time. I just recover my Live account each time i switch xboxes

Both xbox360s' run wirelessly through the same router.

Has anyone else done this?
    And are there any probs doing this?

Why?

Why wouldn't you just use one of them all the time ?

Comment

Was wondering the samething myself

Comment

If the wife is using the big TV, i have another set-up to use.
        I bought the extra Xbox360 for a Car install, so when it's not in the car for shows etc it's in the bedroom. Also it's great to get my PC MP3s played in different areas of the house etc.

So can anyone answer my question? And no more why do u need 2 360's comments thanks!

Comment

Fair enough.

Regarding your questions :

No

and (obviously)

Don't know.

Comment

Sorry to annoy you with another question (), rather than answering yours (which I can't answer, because if I could I wouldn't need to ask mine) but...

When you hold down the guide button on your 360 pad, do both of the consoles switch themselves on? Or are the pads "locked" as it were, to one console at a time?

Just curious.

Comment

Both 360s arn't in the same room, ones up stairs. But i haven't had them both turn on at the same time. I've never had them both in the same room, so i've no idea.

Comment

Keith they would both fire up together and both operate off the one pad I'm pretty sure.

Interesting

Got a feeling your question will generate a lot more questions before an answer spinpug

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                  Keith they would both fire up together and both operate off the one pad I'm pretty sure.

Interesting
                  Heh...so if I hide outside a mate's house with my pad, I can spookily switch his 360 on or off and he'd be none the wiser?

Spinpug: The range on the pads is pretty decent though isn't it? I'm sure that the 360s being in different rooms wouldn't be a problem if you were in the right place in your house. Not that you'd have any reason for wanting them both switched on at the same time, obviously.

Comment

i went outside with the headset on whilst talking to boris once... through 2 concrete walls, about 25/30ft from the 360. decent range on them.

Comment

In that case then, surely they should be locked to your console? Be irritating as anything if the neighbours' kids kept turning my 360 on and off.

Comment

i dont see why having the same account on two boxes would cause any problem.

i have the same account on two normal xboxes and its fine, i guess there would be problems if both were online at the same time though.
                        i dont have a 360 myself, but do you actually have to do that account recovery every time?...i dont do anything on my normal boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666
                          I bought the extra Xbox360 for a Car install, so when it's not in the car for shows etc it's in the bedroom.
                          hey dude, you're not xzbit ? are you ??
                          a 360 for your car (an escalade ?), you must be some kind of famous rapper ?

excellent !

just kidding buddy

ps. I also don't have an answer for your question...

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
                            In that case then, surely they should be locked to your console? Be irritating as anything if the neighbours' kids kept turning my 360 on and off.
                            from what i remember being around fallows house on 360 release day, we had 2 360s and 8 pads, the pads had to be 'assigned' to the 360s on switch on. once assigned they'll all work perfectly, i've 3 wireless and whenever i switch them on, regardless of order they'll set themselves as 1/2/3... i'm assuming this was the order i'd attached them to the console in the first place.

Comment

I'd imagine that the controller locks to only 1 console at a time, otherwise when i returned to my own house after an all night 360 a thon it would still be locked to mine....but it isn't. I have to pair them again.

Also you can only 'move' a gamertag between consoles using a memory unit, if you try the recover the pofile onto multiple consoles, it deletes it ( and ALL saves attatched to it) on the previous console next time it connects to live.

Comment

Working...
                              X