The Pinball Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I wonder what [MENTION=10208]ozzzy189[/MENTION] makes of all this?
    He really championed it.
    He's gutted! But he's not buying the remaining seasons. Hopefully a company with more skill and panache picks it up.

Comment

The licence holder chose NOT to renew. Bizarre. Something is going on behind the scenes somewhere I reckon.

Comment

He's here and talking in third person!

Always loved your enthusiasm for all things pinball!

Do you think they're working on their own version to cut out the middleman?

Comment

I think that sounds quite possible QC. Or they've been approached by another developer who've won them over.

I love Pinball Arcade on iPad. For years I've enjoyed the free table of the month, which ended up being 4 free tables every month. It's been so generous that I've never had reason to buy anything, in fact. Perfect for a dabbler like myself.

Comment

I haven't bought any tables since the Xbox 360 delisting. Relaunching without new achievements left me a bit sour.

This is gonna be expensive...

PS3 or PS4? I'm asking because I seem to remember reading about some minor audio glitches in the PS4 version.

Comment

Zen studios now has the Williams license. Expect pack 1 to contain fish tales, medieval madness, high speed 2 and junkyard. There's a new physics engine for these tables too, thankfully. I'm so glad I didn't buy the pinball arcade versions before they disappeared. If anyone has the fx thread please link.

Comment

I always got the impression Zen's engine was less realistic than FarSight's ... but maybe they've evolved it into something on par?? It's a long time since I played Zen Pinball.

Great news those tables will be available again though. I have them already on PS4 but any kind of future proofing is welcome.

Comment

Check out the videos on YouTube. It looks sensational and yes, vastly improved physics. http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/sh...lume-One/page7
                  Lots of positive impressions from the beta on steam. I'll be buying these.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
                    Check out the videos on YouTube. It looks sensational and yes, vastly improved physics. http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/sh...lume-One/page7
                    Lots of positive impressions from the beta on steam. I'll be buying these.
                    Wow, yeah, looking really good. They're going to make the licence really count by the looks of those beta vids. I'll be having these whenever they're available. Cheers for the info

Comment

Have you spent much time with FX3 [MENTION=10208]ozzzy189[/MENTION]? I've just had a go on Fish Tales and I'm impressed. Plays great and the table looks lush.

Comment

Hi
                        Yes, I've bought the first three packs. I have spent most of time on medieval madness but I am pestering zen to add a ps4 portrait mode so I can rotate my gaming TV. The game is solid and well polished but can be very hard.

Comment

Tate pinball, good call

I'm tempted to double-dip on a few Williams tables. Fish Tales has me sold on the quality, for sure.

Comment

I bought the Williams pack 3 last night, as it's on special offer. Theatre of Magic plays like a dream. Such a brilliant table. Me and one of my boys were playing last night, taking turns

It feels odd to double-dip but I feel FX3 has the slight edge. And I love the fact you can choose between a classic/sim/accurate option or the new, augmented versions, which I love.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Tate pinball, good call

I'm tempted to double-dip on a few Williams tables. Fish Tales has me sold on the quality, for sure.
                              I'm nearly finished building this to play Pinball in the correct format

Comment

Love it [MENTION=7370]paulus[/MENTION] ... keep us posted

Comment

Working...
                                X