Amp / Speaker query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp / Speaker query

I've currently got a 32" Sharp Aquos connected to Sky and a 360.

I'm not happy with the speakers on the Aquos and don't want the hassle of setting up full surround sound.

What I want is a couple of decent bookshelf speakers either side of my Aquos providing good qualty stereo sound. I am however, totally clueless when it comes to AV - what do I need? Would a normal hifi amplifier allow me to do this or would I need something else?

Any help would be much, much appreciated....

If your sharp aquos has two phono outputs around the back (normally red and white)then you can just run a pair of normal interconnects between the tv and the amp.

Comment

Check things like the Denon S-301. I haven't got one myeslf but it's where I'd start.

Unless you already have a hifi amp in which case as DC says: TV audio OUT to amp audio IN. Shouldn't be that hard.
      You can even do it with a micro hifi if you're so inclined.

Comment

If you haven't already got a seperate amp, you might want to consider some Wharfedale active speakers. Because they are active (as opposed to passive) they don't require a seperate amp. The Diamond Pro 8.1 Actives are excellent bookshelf speakers (or go for the 8.2s if you have more space).

Comment

Working...
        X