No announcement yet.

Games so bad that they're great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confidential Mission - adecent game but when you're in the museum and he goes "yeah, and they're not here for the exhibits" its soooooooo cheesy b-movie that u cant help collapsing laughing (which doesnt help ur credits trust me

Comment

Originally posted by Leynos
      Games so bad they're good then. If you mean voice acting, then I hang onto Deep Fear purely for that reason. "Bad" just doesn't even begin to describe the depravity of the dialogue in that game. It seems to me that the "actors" were just trying it on with the director, and seeing how badly they could read their lines and get away with it. There's one guy who I think is supposed to be French, but he sounds like someone putting on a comedy camp voice. Just totally insane.
      Yes but Deep Fear is really rather good if a little too short. Also I think that "French" guy is actually supposed to be gay. Certainly the first instance of a gay game character I can think of.

As for my choice I'm going to go with Sword of the Berserker, on the DC. Truly pants, yet it draws you in with its mindless hack and slash gameplay. Best to boot this one up after a night out on the beers, then you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Another nomination for Wise Fwom Your Gwave (Altered Beast).
        As if the opening speech wasn't amusing enough, the way your character gets pumped by killing badguys is hilarious.

My sincere apologies for my lack of originality.

Comment

N64 Road Rash.

This is what happens when an awesome franchise lands in the hands of THQ.

The fastest bikes are impossible to control. When you come off them, you fly so high that the ground dissapears in the draw distance!

****ing hilarious though.

Comment

N64 Road Rash
            OH GOD YES!!! I forgot all about road rash 64. When you brought that round to my flat in Willesden I couldn't pick myself up off the floor for an hour. Hilarious.

Gun Valkyrie is also worth a mention. Generic baddies, short lifespan, dreadful controls, but there's so much pleasure to be had from mastering what is essentially an unbelievably frustrating game.

Comment

Anaconda on TS2.... 4-player of that really is unbeatable!

Comment

How come no one has mentioned ZERO WING with the immortal "ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US" and all the other hilarious "engrish" translations
                i Suppose it could be to obvious a choice

Comment

Starshot on the N64 with its crude, fuzzy polygons and unbearably twee soundtrack that bordered on ultrasonic.

Motal Kombat on the N64 waas terrible, but the muffled voices gave my friends and I hours of hilarity.

Comment

Working...
                  X