No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A twitter update being discussed on Era suggests that Yoshinori Kitase has said SquareEnix aren't discussing the overall project because they still don't know if the complete Final Fantasy VII Remake will take 3-4 installment releases to finish. Basically, it's a slowly rolled out £200 game

Comment

And if the sales numbers don't meet expectations, will never be finished.

Comment

What is this, the second coming of Shenmue?

Comment

They’ve been working on it all this time and it’s only the Midgar section in this? Are they taking the p**s?

Comment

Even if that ended up being true it'd likely mean the game was a bit naff. They can only achieve that by changing the Midgar section of the original so much that it's not much of a remake. People don't want a fresh interpretation of the game, they want a prettier version of it. Now we have 3-4 games telling the broad same tale as one, spread across two generations and a completely different combat system. It's not Final Fantasy VII, it's a faint imitation of it. Poorly conceived this one.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              They’ve been working on it all this time and it’s only the Midgar section in this? Are they taking the p**s?

Comment

Thing is, this could be me being very harsh about what Square games have become but my guess is that 98% of this game will be running into an open area, a whole bunch of enemies appear and you just hammer at them until they are dead and move straight down a path to the next open area. Kingdom Hearts has a lot to answer for. The other 2% will be lengthy cut scenes.

I could be doing it a complete disservice but I have a suspicion we've probably already played the bones of this remake in that Crisis Core PSP game.

Comment

Wha a complete waste of everyone’s time this “remake” has been.

Comment

Tiny bit off topic but as Final Fantasy 7 (regular) on Switch is on sale at the moment as is Final Fantasy 9, which is the better entry of the two to play now??

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      Tiny bit off topic but as Final Fantasy 7 (regular) on Switch is on sale at the moment as is Final Fantasy 9, which is the better entry of the two to play now??
                      If you're new to the series, I strongly recommend neither, and go for X. People love it, people hate it, but I think it's the best introductory game to the "7, 8, 9, 10" era of the franchise.

Comment

Don’t bother with 10, absolute pile of W**K

Comment

I'm gunna toss a grenade in here and say 9. It's the most polished of the ps1 era games. Story isn't the best, but the gameplay is.

Comment

Yeah, I love 10 in many ways and it looks and sounds great but it’s one big long walk and not comparable to 7, 8 and 9 in my opinion. 9 is lovely and full of charm but the character designs are weird and I have a memory of it hitting a dead stop near the end (maybe I’m wrong?). 7 has some much cruder character graphics but the overall package is incredible and consistently incredible throughout so I’d probably recommend that. But in all honesty, you probably can’t go wrong with either in that it seems unlikely you would love one and hate the other.

Comment

If the graphics of the remake are running on a ps4 Pro, what the hell is it gunna look like on the PS5? I can't begin to imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X