Essential bits of kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sidez
    I have all of these except 5.1 as I have no idea how the hell to get it done for under ?100.
    Curry's do an Acoustic Solutions one for ?99 and for the price, it's the mutts-nutts.

Me' folks bought one at the weekend for their living room and it sounded good. I was that impressed with it, I ended up getting one last-night to replace my Videologic one, which has given up the ghost and would've cost me more than ?99 to get it fixed.

It does 5.1. It has inputs in the back for Coaxial, Optical and Phono sockets. It comes with it's own decoder and it's silver.

Comment

Originally posted by camps
      1. Ntsc compatible TV - RGB essential but size not important (though the bigger the better as the actress said to the bishop)

2. RGB Leads for all systems - accept no substitute unless your tv uses component. VGA is an optional extra

2. Decent Sound System - preferably a 5.1 setup for next gen excellence

3. RGB Splitter - needed for multiple console connections

4. Stepdown converter - 200 watts minimum -- essential for all import consoles

5. Memory Cards and extra pads - ps2 and GC for mem cards and all consoles for extra pads - at least 2 of each

6. S-pad for Xbox --- do not accept the XX-Pad, S-pad increases enjoyment threshold 10-fold

7. Comfy position ---- regardless of where you play your consoles you need to be seated in comfort, even if its just a bean-bag on the floor

8. a decent arcade stick - preferrably one for each console you own but a dreamcast and psone/ps2 arcade stick is essential

9. Large supply of beverage of choice - gaming is thirsty work

anyone else have anything to add

camps
      A large overdraft on your credit card to pay for it all.

Comment

erm.... a plasma screen or a nice 96" screen with a projector would be nice but not everyone has that though

Comment

Working...
        X