Decent UK audio gear site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent UK audio gear site?

Would like to get a decent quality pair of headphones, e.g. Grado or the like, as I listen to quite a bit of music on my PC and my current ones aren't that great. Any online store recommendations? I'm after a reputable UK based site really, but I don't seem to be having much luck finding any stocking the sort of thing I'm after.

I know that OcUK have some Sennheisers, but was hoping to be able to check out some other brands too (such as Koss, the aforementioned Grado etc). Cheers

of course I dont know how reputable they are, but I'd imagine they are just online shops with payment protection etc, so you should be fine.

grado eh? fabio the model has those too, sexy

Comment

Most decent heapdhones, and especially Grado have inflated prices in the UK and on UK websites so you may want to look further. The small US company Alessandro High-End Products is a partner of Grado and sell their own tweaked versions for great prices that include free shipping to the UK.

Alessandro MS-1 = ~Grado SR80/SR125
      Alessandro MS-2 = ~Grado SR325i
      Alessandro MS-Pro = ~Grado RS-1

I'd also recommend some good AKG if you can find them. Or if you're looking into Sennheiser, there is a distributer on ebay.co.uk with nice prices.

Almost forgot, it is a US shop, but this is a great site to simply read about pretty much all of the high-end headphones: http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-manufacturer/
      Last edited by SubparMario; 08-08-2006, 12:15.

Comment

The problem with Grado phones is they are about aesthetically pleasing as a bag of sh*t.

Sound nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob
          The problem with Grado phones is they are about aesthetically pleasing as a bag of sh*t.
          yeah, they're certainly 'indoor' headphones...

Comment

Hehe, don't care about how they look

Kernow, I checked both of your links - hifistore.co.uk from what I can see don't actually sell them but give you a list of places you can buy them and what you should expect to pay. Good idea in theory, except under 'where you can buy' there's nothing listed ft: Stone Audio seem to stock them though, ?66.95 for Grado SR-60s doesn't sound too bad... wonder what postage cost is though, will have to investigate further.

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

You could try.

Looking for the best-in-class Hifi & Home Audio? Than look no further. Superfi offer w wide range of Hifi products, ranging across TVs, Home Cinema, Hifi Systems, Speakers, Amplifiers, Turntables, and much, much more. Discover Superfi and unlock visual & audio excellence.

Is also a retail chain.

Comment

Stone Audio are worth a go, their online service is top notch and they have a shop not far from where I live, the guy who runs it is sound.

Comment

I've used superfi. And http://www.petertyson.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                  X