Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhhh no one post anything so he thinks he's kiled the thread.

Ooops doh. Ruined by me.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
      Shhhh no one post anything so he thinks he's kiled the thread.

Ooops doh. Ruined by me.

First time that's ever happened!

Comment

Let it out Tankshell, if you feel like crying...cry. Nothing worse than holding it all in. Mourn for the relationship but don't dwell on it. Time is an amazing healer (cliche for you Marcus) and you know what, you'll probably meet someone else when you least expect it.

Comment

+ 1 for the heartache pain.

This has all just happened to me too. My girlfriend who i loved to bits and i mean really loved, maybe a little unhealthly has proper dumped me in a rather painful manner. Happened about 3 weeks ago and i was with her for about the same length of time as you guys where with ur ladies.

I feel proper **** so ****ing low i don't know what to do with my life. I vary from being pathetic telling her i love her so much it hurts and i just want her back desperately to feeling angry like i never want to see her again. I'm really really ****ing depressed right now. Can't sleep, lost a stone in weight can't do anything except sleep and lie in bed too scared to face the outside world. Really have done nothing for days except see a councellor every now and again. This is my first post on these forums for ages.

I just don't know what to do, i feel like i'm dying with nothing else left in the world. I've always been depressed and never really apreciated the good things i had in life, my gf was one of them, i pushed her away because i was unhappy with myself and now that my bestfriend in the whole world has left me i just don't know what to do. Leaving her is like asking me to cut my arm off or something. Doesn't help that my band that i've played with for 8 years happen to break up at the same time. The most important things in my life have just gone.

I know i can't dwell on the past, i can't bring it back but i can't concentrate on anything else. I'm quite an emotionaly clingy person who need reassurance from someone else. I know thats not a healthy thing but it's just the way i am . I just don't know what to do with my life, I'm quite pathetic and never really "dated" girls, i just don't have the confidence. I've had two long term relationships and they just kind of happened. I really don't want to be with anyone else. I really really love her.

Last edited by Kevvy Metal; 11-08-2006, 11:33.

Comment

We deffo need some kind of "let it out / release" thread for all you boys.

I think everybody will go through something like this in their life - Happened to me too - Was living with my GF of approx 6/7 years (can't remember exactly), we had a kid, flat the works - Arguing was getting progressively worse and having a baby at home only heightened the stress tenfold.

Took the dog out one night, got back and she'd up'd and left taking my son with her - was absolutely devastating I can tell you - Had never lived alone or anything (sounds ridiculous I know) - I literally didn't know what to do with myself.

I realised over the course of about a week however that actually the relationship had been dragging me down for a long time but I'd chosen to stick with it due to my son and the 6/7 years investment - In the end she actually did me a favour because I turned my life around after that and ended up living with my current GF who was someone I'd had my eye on but was able to pluck up the courage to ask out (something I'd never have done before) and really got myself straight.

The key is definately to keep yourself busy - Kevvy that can be as simple as getting your ass on live and letting us hand it back to you at DOA

Seriously, don't dwell - worst thing possible - reading Kevvys post it's clear doing so is harming him further - introversion can be a terrible thing.

Don't start drinking heavily whatever you do !!!!!!!

Comment

I know dwelling isn't the best course of action but for someone like myself who is already suffering from depression due to the numerous health problems I have - AND who can't get about due to above health problems causing disability it's a little bit harder

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                We deffo need some kind of "let it out / release" thread for all you boys.

I think everybody will go through something like this in their life - Happened to me too - Was living with my GF of approx 6/7 years (can't remember exactly), we had a kid, flat the works - Arguing was getting progressively worse and having a baby at home only heightened the stress tenfold.

Took the dog out one night, got back and she'd up'd and left taking my son with her - was absolutely devastating I can tell you - Had never lived alone or anything (sounds ridiculous I know) - I literally didn't know what to do with myself.

I realised over the course of about a week however that actually the relationship had been dragging me down for a long time but I'd chosen to stick with it due to my son and the 6/7 years investment - In the end she actually did me a favour because I turned my life around after that and ended up living with my current GF who was someone I'd had my eye on but was able to pluck up the courage to ask out (something I'd never have done before) and really got myself straight.

The key is definately to keep yourself busy - Kevvy that can be as simple as getting your ass on live and letting us hand it back to you at DOA

Seriously, don't dwell - worst thing possible - reading Kevvys post it's clear doing so is harming him further - introversion can be a terrible thing.

Don't start drinking heavily whatever you do !!!!!!!

Yeah dude I apriciate hearing that this kind of thing happens to other people and they can still go on and make a new life for themselves. This is why i ain't on Live that much because i spent a lot of time with my gf. But thats changed now. Once I hopefully feel better I'll be back on live having lots of fun, don't got nothing else to do no more.

I had planned on trying to sort myself out physically, really let myself go over the years. Turn into a bit of a hairy fat blob and it doesn't do my confidence much good. Everything just hurts so much its hard to let it all go. And lots of my friends have moved away after the break up of my band. This has been on e **** summer.

I had planned on just getting the **** out. I aint ever been anywhere proper on my own. I have been critised for my immaturity and lack of responsibility. I just want to get out and do something. I want to book a flight to japan and just deal with it. plonk myself in a foriegn country and fend for myself. And it has obviously been an ambition to go to japan like prob everyone here.

Originally posted by Friction
                I know dwelling isn't the best course of action but for someone like myself who is already suffering from depression due to the numerous health problems I have - AND who can't get about due to above health problems causing disability it's a little bit harder
                Yeah dude, I read your thread and i really felt for you. It must be so hard and i'm feeling some of the same pain right now. You ain't alone in the way you're feeling. I wanted to post some stuff in that thread but i just wasn't up to it then.
                Last edited by Kevvy Metal; 11-08-2006, 12:09.

Comment

I know what being housebound can do to you cos it happens to me for 5 months every summer (*tragic* hayfever), and i can only imagine what it must be like to be stuck that way indefinitely with no gf but you should expand your social network on the web.

Get a webcam if you havent got one, add random people with cool email addresses to ur msn or look for ppl who live near you that could visit you when you know them better. If you dont have to work then you could be having more fun than the rest of us!

If your girl's left you cos she cant deal with your situation then you're better off without her. It frees you up to find someone you can get on with better.

Comment

I've been homebound now for about 2 years - I did have a patch where I got better and was able to go out as normal (just I had to be careful) but literally the week she dumped me my back problem (I broke my back in short) flared up again and have reduced me to some hardcore walking stick action - which for someone who is 26 is soul destroying to say the least!

I know it's sad to admit but I do try and converse and make more friends online just it never seems to work that way - I must be one of the only people in the world who can't make friends on myspace

Problem with my situation with the gf is that she has been very unclear about why she did what she did. The best answer I got was 'you changed because you got ill' which is hardly my fault!

But then I love (or is it loved) her more than anything and now I face a rather bleak future which is what kills me more than anything. At least when I had her I had a link to the outside, and someone for company who made me feel like my physical problems didnt matter.

Comment

It'll sound irrelevant just now but I SWEAR this will make you a stronger person and a better partner for your next GF - As you'll know what to watch out for and probably find you're more proactive about managing your relationship.

These chicks with unexaplainable reasons for splitting up - **** 'em.

Comment

These chicks with unexaplainable reasons for splitting up
                        Probably a nice way of saying you have a tiny tadger & your mates are much better in bed

On a serious note breaking up is hard.

I have had it happen, as do most. Two of which were 6 year relationships... One was hel,l the other a godsend!

What I learn't was you cant hold to the past forever, life does get better, and you will always bump into stuff when looking back whilst trying to move forwards so probably best to look ahead, see **** happening before its too late and if it still happens then **** it, it was gonna happen no matter what

Comment

These chicks with unexaplainable reasons for splitting up - **** 'em.
                          LOL! I gave up trying to understand women a long, long time ago - it's not worth it.

Comment

Looks like Katsujinken has cracked it They only want massive wangs lol.

Comment

Have a good piss up with a few mates. They'll probs make it better by getting you pissed.

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X