Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Feeling pretty distraught right now, my girlfriend of 3 years (2 weeks time would have been our 3 year anniversary) has just left me (gone to stay at sisters) stating a couple of reasons:

a - She still loves me, just not the same way as she used to.

b - Feels that we have been drifting apart over last 5-6 months. Recently moved in together (in May) and she said that she thought it would bring us closer together but that it hasn't. Funny.... I thought we were doing pretty well! We are very close...maybe a little of the spark that we had the first 2 years has died but I guess that's natural in any relationship...

So, well, that's the situtation, I'm just totally gobsmacked at the mo...it seems really surreal, like a movie or something. I don't normally cry very much (too macho ) but at the moment I'm having a hard time holding it in; which just goes to show how much our relationship meant to me...

Not sure what to do now. Will have to think about the flat, as cant afford rent on my own, already at the limit of my funds. What a complete and utter ****ter.

Bummer. But it takes 2 to tango. Delete and move on, the faster you "jump back in the saddle" the better. It's a clichee for a reason.

Comment

Its not you its me.

Out on the lash you go, buy some games and an issue of nuts.

Comment

Get a new sexier female flatmate Then have a nice shag

Comment

didn't scientists figure out 'love' lasted almost exactly 2 years? long enough to get together and procreate?

it's a strange thing really, doubt anyone can explain exactly what it is and what you need to do to keep it together.

Comment

I feel for you mate, i had a gf of 7 years way back and she upped and left me, just came back from the gym and i had a dear john letter ffs, it really takes time as you 2 people have done a lot of things together and you will go/pass places you went together, also dont listen to friken music it will screw you up mate, just suck it up man. good luck.

If you want to have a private chat pm mate, the best thing and the only thing you want to do when these things happen is talk, so feel free mate.
            Last edited by Lok; 10-08-2006, 20:57. Reason: added comment

Comment

I know how it feel dude,belive me. I had incredibly deep feelings for my ex & it messed me up big time,but i can be a whole new lease on life.My advice would be that once it had been established theres now going back,then allow yourself time to wallow in misery for a 'while' then get back out there.Get a new intrest or do something youve allways wanted to do.Listen to family & mates.It'll all help

Comment

We seriously need a agony forum..

What to do.... keep yourself busy... go out with friends... meet new people... but more immediately dont hold the emotions in, one of the reasons women are so good (generally) at getting over things like this is because they arent afriad to get the upset and emotion out of their system, blokes dont we bottle it up and the healing process takes about ten times as long because of it.

Ive no idea your situation, but its not surprising that things started to break down after moving in together. You never really know someone until you live with them for a sustained period of time. If you can crack that then its wedding bells.

Comment

Also id add that although these threads may bore some it did help me loads(thanks guys) lots of great advice go and read fallows 'tit monday' post in the banter thread (you'll be needing a laugh) and wait for spagmasterswift to post 'bitches man,****ing bitches'good luck.

Comment

I understand dude - the exact same thing happened to me three weeks ago with my gf (also of three years). Same stuff about still loving me but not feeling the same etc. Tbh it's probably just something they say to try to soften the blow.

Sigh. So how have i dealt with it? I spent a week drinking until that got boring, then started acting myself again; but really, i'm pretending to be happy; having had time to think about it more i've come to the conclusion that i feel totally empty and lost. Pathetic - i'd be disgusted with myself if i even cared anymore.

Comment

**** happens to the best of us, but at least there are plenty more fish in the sea. Go find urself a slimmer, younger or more fun girl when u feel up to it

Comment

Same as what my ex said to me when we broke up. At least you haven't found out shes been cheating, like I unfortunately found out with mine.

It gets easier, there will be someone else for you.

Comment

If you feel you need to, cry - whether it's macho or not is irrelevant. You'll feel better. All part of the grieving process my friend; it's a **** thing to happen & you'll feel crappy for a while, but it will lessen.

When you're ready to, take solace in your friends - they'll help you through this however they know best.

Hope you feel better soon bud.

Comment

Unfortunatley this kind of situation happens a lot (same thing has happened to me and i'm possibly on the verge of it again) but it's a real ****ter when it hits you even if you can see it coming.

If you have got some good mates they will get you thru and keep busy, you will miss her terribly but it should fade over time.

Comment

In the words of Hank Chinaski -

"Once a woman turns against you forget it. They can love you then something turns in them. They can watch you dying in a gutter, run over by a car, then they'll spit on you"

Comment

Working...
                              X