Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been with Be* for just over a week now and at the moment no disconnections for me ( but has only been a week). My speeds are:

upload/download:1,291 / 15,360 (kbits per sec)

Comment

well afer switching my router off for over an hour last night its seemed to have solved the problems.. so cheers charlesr

Comment

Just told NTL where to go and ordered Sky instead. Fed up of NTL overcharging me for the 10mb service 9which I don't actually get speed wise)

Decided Sky could have the £10 a month for there 16mb unlimited service

Comment

Had my line activated today but it seems really crap. According to my router I am getting 8mb don but so many web sites were timing out this morning before I left for work.

Do I need to let it settle down (first time ever having adsl)

Comment

My 3com router was having issues with the 4+ speeds till I did a firmware update. Worth a shot if poss. When I first got adsl, I had to turn the router off for a couple of hours and on again to get the line to reset itself and try different speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF View Post
              Had my line activated today but it seems really crap. According to my router I am getting 8mb don but so many web sites were timing out this morning before I left for work.

Do I need to let it settle down (first time ever having adsl)
              Mine is similair.

It will be fine for a while then when I start messing about & going to different sites, it goes really slow & then just starts timing out for sites & pages that were fine 2 minutes before.

Just glad at the mo I dont use it for my online Poker or 360 gaming yet, but I had planned on setting all that up this weekend, not sure wether I should now or not

Neil

Comment

Is that via a wired or wireless connection though?

I have a few things to try tonight when I get in from work (hopefully will improve or cure it)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF View Post
                  Is that via a wired or wireless connection though?

I have a few things to try tonight when I get in from work (hopefully will improve or cure it)
                  Thats Wired at the mo, still waiting to get a PCMCIA card for my laptop before I go over to wireless.

Well if they cure it, could you let me know what you did
                  Doing my nut in & I've only had it since last friday

Neil

Comment

tiscali. ****ing idiots... i've been dealing with a week long 'server fault' which appears to finally be sorted. so. angry.

if this connection drops, i swear i'll murder the bitch in charge of the company.

Comment

I'm with Newnet. They're really expensive but the service it spot on. Can't remember the last time it went down. Speed averages 4 but sometimes have gotten over 5. About £36 a month now though. No restriction on bt like Pipex either.

Pipex threatened to cancel my service the other day. I left them last July. I have an email from them confirming it. They are badgering me for a final payment which they requsted incorrectly the month after I had cancelled. They can go %^$ themselves. They told me when I spoke last to ring accounts. I told them it was they who wanted the money not me! Ring me yer lazy bastards!

Comment

My brother has been trying to get Sky now for about an month. We've been with NTL for ages but cancelled that thinking we'd go for sky, but unfortunately it turns out we have a tag on our BT line from bulldog. This must be from years ago when we ordered (then cancelled) their service. We had had MAJOR problems trying to get them to remove the tags, they're basically being complete basts about it.

We're now trying the OFCOM route and seeing if that won't make them do something about it. Been really ridiculous though, had no internet at home for weeks now, I don't mind so much as I'm on it all day at work but my bro isn't so happy

Anyone else had similar problems switching ISP?

Comment

Any recommendations for a decent ISP? I have had it with Tiscali. P2P and online gaming is a waste of time.

I was thinking of a Enta reseller such as vivaciti.com - I don't have a LLU in my area btw.

Any suggestions as I want to switch this week?

edit: I ended up going with vivaciti

Good place to compare ISPs here!...

Last edited by AllYourBase; 14-03-2007, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
                            Any recommendations for a decent ISP? I have had it with Tiscali. P2P and online gaming is a waste of time.

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php
                            Is it that bad off peak? I just rather foolishly signed up (without consulting here: idiocy rank:10). I don't use P2P's but am buying an Alienware PC soon for some online action and fear I'm going to deeply regret my choice. I fell for it 'cos its uncapped and I make the term 'heavy user' seem far too small.

Comment

Sky Broadband guys, any good?

I'm going to be moving into my new house in a couple months once the damp course and kitchen has been done and I've been far used to VM's 10Mb service which has seen me alright over the past couple years, although it's an extra £30 a month on my bill.

Comment

Virgin Broadband Any Good?

Has anyone had any experience with Virgin Broadband? I am about to signt up and would like to know if they are any good? Do they block torrents and all that goodness (purely legal ofcourse )

Any advice appreciated.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X