No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone needs to start up a minimalist game dev company... get the bits of the games that are good and ****ing ignore the rest of the ****e!

things in general are getting far too complicated, not just games and it annoys me as i like my stuff pure (like my crack).

Comment

Another stage based game made into a Sandbox game?

The tracks just won't have the same variety, unless they do an amazing AAAAAAA job of it.

Comment

I still think 2 is the best, they should return to the pre - EA days and make it about twitch gaming again

Comment

What's not twitchy about Revenge?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
            The tracks just won't have the same variety, unless they do an amazing AAAAAAA job of it.
            Yeah, I know, they kinda always have done cities, but just had a couple of routes though them before, completely free roaming could kill it imo. Unless they get the nice fast bends and stuff packed in again.

Lets be honest, the first 2 Burnouts succeeded most because of their amazing course design. I fear banging 1 rigid city in could limit their options for both styles of course design and also in scenery, I mean Burnout is built on racing through a crowded bustling city 1 race, then next race being out in the desert, then up on a snowy mountain range.

Comment

What's not twitchy about Revenge?
              The fact that traffic going your way poses no problem

Comment

I loved all Burnout games from the first one to the last one, and for me it's like 4 great different arcade games, all of them are quite different from each other (although 3 and 4 look much like each other in it's style).

So for sure this is one game I'm keeping my eyes on ! I hope they can make this idea of open racing world really work. But I'm confident that criterion can deliver the goods !

Comment

The thing with Burnout is that the series has moved in such a different direction over the last couple of years that wherever they take it next is going to be divisive. The original game and Point of Impact, as far as I understand, did reasonable business but it was Takedown and Revenge that really broke the records, so from a business POV it would probably be damaging to move away from that.

Instead, this sounds like a whole new concept again. The similarities to the concept of Test Drive Unlimited are certainly not subtle, but I'm quietly confident that Criterion/EA will do a good job of this. It's a longer turnaround than the one between 3 and 4, and with the actual racing mechanics (for those who liked the new direction of those titles) pretty solid, hopefully that time will be being ploughed into making a free-roaming environment actually work for this series.

Comment

I have no doubt Criterion could pull this off.

I worry about lag and connection problems though.

Comment

Why are so many people slagging Burnout 3 off? I thought it was great.
                      Then Burnout 2 comes next... I didn't really like the other 2.
                      Lets just hope that Burnout 5 on the PS3 really in a next gen product.

Comment

I get the "1&2 are best thing" but 3&4 were trying to go somewhere different - I reckon if they'd stuck with the 1&2 style they'd have sold nowhere near what they got from 3&4.

So, I think what I'm saying is I'd like to see 2 new BO's - a "5" and a "2.5".....

Comment

They need to loose the "street" branding a more diverse EAtrax list is a start (yes I know you can use custom soundtracks)

Comment

Here are some screens

Comment

Looks ok I guess, I'm not totally bowled over, but then that's probably testiment to how good the previous games looked.

Comment

I'm pleasently suprised by the map, it seems to have a decent selection of terrain. Let's just hope it has some decent tracks mapped out.

Comment

Working...
                                X