No announcement yet.

Heroes, Another US TV show cracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started watching this the other day, have watched the first 3 episodes so far and im hooked Super Hiro is hilarious I read his characters blog at work hehe

http://blog.nbc.com/hiro_blog/ - to read the first blog you'll have to click the bottom on in the box to the right. Funny stuff

Comment

I watched all three episodes in a row yesterday, it is a great series, probably my favourite out of the new lot. That said, I'm slightly concerned its going to go down the same path as Lost, each week more questions are asked than answered, and I'm starting to feel left in the dark.

What the heck is the womans special ability meant to be? From what I can tell she either has an invisible evil twin who she subconciously controls, or some kind of hulk like ability.

Comment

Just finished watching episode 4...

I can't recommend this show highly enough. It is just turning out to be so, so smart storyline wise which is a damn pleasant surprise. There are some wonderful twists in the story, which I can't explain as it would spoil, and some wonderful, wonderful set piece moments...

At the moment, this is becoming my 'next episode most wanted' show of the year. The anticipation of the storyline and the build-up to the apex/climax of the story is some seriously nasty drip-feed TV, but in a damn good way.

I urge you all to give it a go...

Superheroes etc., have never been my thing, I much prefer Manga and Anime over US comic books and animation... but this series... this is something else...

Comment

Episode 4 was great. every episode has had a great cliffhanger, episode 4s was the best of the bunch. ultra cool.
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 17-10-2006, 21:53.

Comment

Ratings for this are apparently getting better by the week in the states.
            Can definitely see why, episdode 4 was brilliant especially at the end...

Future Hiro turning up with cool leathers and sword in toe also speaking english very well, a really cool WTF moment there.

Seriously can't wait for the next episode now after that moment, this series is setting things up so nicely it would be hard for it to go wrong.
            Love the fact that they could have loads of series from this, can see it like-1st season they deal with the people getting the powers, 2nd season they deal with them being Heroes then onward.
            Also didnt know Jeph Loeb had a hand in this series that just makes this a hell of a LOT better with his input, an awsome comic writer also loving the art in the show by Tim Sale too.
            Must see people, get watching honestly you won't be disappointed by it.

Comment

I've been keeping up with this myself, and it's awesome. The pilot was fairly good, and episode two was a bit better, but episodes three and four were through-the-roof great. It's like Unbreakable The Series or something. Just wonderful. I hope they're able to keep the string of great last moments going, as last week's and this week had me going, "What the ****? It's over? Nooo!!"

This has jumped to the very top of my list as far as new shows go. This, Lost, and Battlestar Galactica make for an awesome line of shows.

Comment

I agree with everyone saying it is good. Great premise and really interesting characters. The cheerleader is my favourite. The Japanese guy a close second. On the subject of him:

Do you think he stops time to learn English for a few "years"? Like Bill and Ted using time travel to learn how to play at the end of the Bogus Journey. That is what I'd do if I was him.

And what is up with the blond girl? I can't work out what her special power is at all. Sure, she has an alter ego, but is it a good one?

Comment

Theory about the blonde lass...

I get the feeling its like the incredible hulk, split personality only the bad one comes out when the powerless one is angry or fees threatend.
                  I reckon though to put a cool twist on it the evil split personality is the one with the super power and not the girl, if you know what i mean.

Comment

An amazing show, my favourite by far is Hiro. Although the begining was a bit slow but the last two episodes were just unbelievably good.

Is there any automated way for me to know when the new episode airs out so I can download it? Coz with all the US TV goodies we're following its kinda hard to keep up :/

Comment

Next episode listed as airing in the states every monday...

5 - Hiros 23rd October
                      6 - Better Halves 30 October
                      7 - Nothing To Lose 6th November

Thats all http://www.tv.com have listed but when know its been commissioned 22 eps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sogeking
                        Is there any automated way for me to know when the new episode airs out so I can download it? Coz with all the US TV goodies we're following its kinda hard to keep up :/

i use this great site- calander for TV
                        month by month each day it lists what shows are on and the ep number etc.

great site to keep up to date

Comment

Excellent preview, goosebumps. God I wish it was tuesday

Comment

Oooh that was good, I got goosebumps too!!

Looking excellent.

Comment

Thank you ntsc-uk! Just watched the first three episodes, great stuff! I like all of the characters, and at the moment don't really care that it doesn't all fit together

Comment

Just finished watching Episode 5 - "Hiros"... I just can't get over the fact that every new episode seems to better the last. Damn, this series is good... after the cliche infested cheesefest that was the latest Galactica episode, (which as you may have noticed really disappointed me), I was glad to get back to Heroes. I apologise to anyone who is a fan of X-Men, but this for me absolutely pisses all over it... just my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                                X