Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video up, http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/6051

Comment

That footage was not impressive at all, imoh RR6 looks better than that even in the early footage

Comment

Oh dear - Very, very dull looking - whoever said they thought this looked much more "ridge" than RR6 is going to be eating their hand.

Also, as the car passes the camera watch the framerate drop - terrible - particularly as there's only one car onscreen - Gotta assume/hope that'll be fixed before launch though??

Comment

someone needs to do an auto medellista style game, one that plays well.

i need some more fun graphics in my life, photo realism does absolutely nothing for me

Comment

someone has never played a ridge before :
            Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Comment

That's beyond poor journalism !!!

Comment

OHHH tail light blur thats new ....

Comment

The new vid shown at TGS is up at Gamespot. Labeled as Gameplay Movie 4

Not only does this seem to have the 'Ridge' feel that people thought the earlier images lacked, it also looks generally BOSS!

Can't wait for it. There's a section showing a series of jumps on a downward slope at around 15 seconds in that look fantastic.

They also have 3 other gameplay movies showing a course being played. Seems heavily influenced by niagra falls and it looks stunning. In fact, the course gave me a Ridge Racer Revolution vibe which is good as it's my favourite game in the series.
                  Last edited by C'; 22-09-2006, 18:58.

Comment

The new vid at Xboxyde is nice as well, I noticed a slipstream meter too, so that should add something new. I'm really looking forward to this one.

People have slated the graphics a bit but it looks better than the 360 version and appears to be silky smooth. As long as it plays like Ridge and has some new courses it's all good.

Comment

I think the graphics are technically great, they're jus... dull not too keen on the colour pallete namco adopted for Ridge Racer since Type 4.

Comment

It's also 1080p 60fps which is pretty interesting. I loved the section of the course that went behind the waterfall, with the wet tarmac and slick usage of HDR on the left hand side, looking really very pretty.

If its anything like RR6 it will be awesome and I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                          If its anything like RR6 it will be awesome and I can't wait
                          If there's one thing you can count on it's that it'll be like RR6/RidgeRacers/RidgeRacers2/RidgeRacer Type 4/etc

Comment

TGS Trailer:

1080p / 60 FPS

Comment

5 mins after that demo it needed a fan down as CELL melted.
                              Too many FPS's being output at 1080p, IT CANT HANDLE IT!!!!!

Comment

That's hilarious

Comment

Working...
                                X