US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

As suggested in the Nintendo Wii thread.

I've sent e-mails to the following companies and signed up to their mailing lists. Will update this page when I have any info.

Tronix:

No reply as of yet.

VideoGamesPlus: Preorders will open Thursday 21st at the earliest.

Lyris Exclusive : NTSC-UK Update for My Peeps! Inbox

Hey David (Lyris)

I have been checking the post you set up regarding the Wii launch preorders and I thought I'd give you a little more heads up into the situation and answer some common (if not the millionth question) that i have been asked.

* First regarding preorders being up some games were turned on accidentally as we have been preparing the section so once we open it we can just flip everything on for the Wii-volution!
    * No idea on what shipping costs will be as don't know how much it weighs, box size etc. (No idea on shipping yet but not as much as xb360 as the system looks to be a lot lighter.)
    * Still figuring out how preorders will work and if there will be bundles or not.
    * Preorders will not be up until sometime next week and we will probably give notice before so everyone can get ready, like a countdown or exact time.
    * We will also be emailing a newsletter out and updating the blog with news so check the blog!
    Hello,

As I promised I am giving advanced notice on Wii Preorders. They will be going up today October 12th, 2006 at around 4pm Eastern Standard Time.

Sorry for the Short Notice but any Notice is better than nothing.

thanks,

Sidney
    Customer Service Representative
    VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA
    4pm Eastern Standard time is 9pm UK time.

GameStop/EBGames:

Signed up to the mailing list - no news yet.

NCSX (National Console Support):

"Please wait for updates on preorders. USA and Japanese distributors have not started them yet but news should be forthcoming in the next few days. Despite the 4 million unit target, strange things can happen between official announcements and actual shipments... "
    "Hi Dave, unfortunately none of the distributors in the USA have begun accepting preorders for the Wii console or software yet but we will keep our customers posted once we have news. We have begun to receive preorders for Wii accessories from third party manufacturers but nothing from Nintendo has been announced or confirmed yet. Thanks for checking with us.

Regards,
    NCS, Inc"
    Amazon (unlikely to ship directly to UK, will require Shipping Agent)

"Alert Me"
    Last edited by Lyris; 17-10-2006, 10:58.

Splendid. For people who want to subscribe to this thread you can do so on the 'thread tools' menu near the top of the page.

On and NCS would be another good avenue to try.

Comment

Never imported a console at launch before but I think I will for Wii. Whose generally considered the quickest/most reliable?

Comment

Do EB games/gamestop ship to uk?
        I'll be getting my sister (lives in usa) to get me a wii and send it over so it'd be handy to know when she can get me a preorder

Comment

NCS are extremely good and always customs safe, but they're really more of a JP import house and a little less good for US stuff. Not to say they won't get US Wiis in stock though, someone should fire them an email.

Comment

They definitely have UK listed as a choice on Gamestop.com.

If not, I'll be doing it through a US shipping agent and if push comes to shove will organise orders for people that want them. That wouldn't work for stores with a "1 per address" policy though (ie most of them).
            Last edited by Lyris; 15-09-2006, 17:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion_is_here
              I'll be getting my sister (lives in usa) to get me a wii and send it over so it'd be handy to know when she can get me a preorder
              I bought Guitar Hero w/guitar and Tekken 5 w/Hori Stick from Gamestop, and I've currently got Guitar Hero 2 w/guitar on order with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                NCS are extremely good and always customs safe, but they're really more of a JP import house and a little less good for US stuff. Not to say they won't get US Wiis in stock though, someone should fire them an email.
                Update on the NCSX page says...

"Please wait for updates on preorders. USA and Japanese distributors have not started them yet but news should be forthcoming in the next few days. Despite the 4 million unit target, strange things can happen between official announcements and actual shipments... "

Might need me a new F5 key after all this.

Comment

Wii section up and running at VG+, although just for Zelda, mario, metroid and super smash bros up for pre-order.

EDIT:

Taken the games off now, managed to pre-order zelda before they did. ?33 inc shipping...come on add the wii!!

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia
                    Wii section up and running at VG+, although just for Zelda, mario, metroid and super smash bros up for pre-order.
                    Yes, all of which have now gone for some reason Just add the Wii damn you and I can go play some stuff instead of sitting at this bloody PC pressing F5 all day

Comment

They've probably been taken down because people are hammering the site.

Comment

I managed to pre-order all of them before they disappeared.

Comment

Not bothered about the other 3 just yet personally, they're not launch games apart from zelda.

Comment

Amazon.com "Get an alert when this item becomes available to order:"

Comment

Originally posted by MJ
                              Amazon.com "Get an alert when this item becomes available to order:"

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/d...8&s=videogames
                              They don't ship games to the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X