Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surround Sound Speakers

Dunno if this will get answered here but here goes:

I'm about to set my Home Cinema back up in our new house. The only thing is that I want the rear speakers attached to the wall at either side of the room. This means that they will be 26 feet apart with m sitting roughly in the centre. It's quite a beefy amp, but I was wondering if this is too far apart??

Thats one big-ass room, nice. Personally, I'd go for standing them on the floor either side and just behind the sofa instead. Are your speakers specifically for wall-mounting, then?

Its not a major biggie though, as surround speakers are supposed to have a diffuse sound in any case, rather than pinpointing exact places. Its rather more than 26 feet from one side of your average cinema to the other, obviously. You need to check the quality of your amp - its not just the maximum volume, but how much of a volume offset between the different speakers you can have; I've found with some lower-end ones they only allow for a couple of dB (or even no) variance, and you're going to need to do some serious re-calibration, I'd imagine.

Comment

nice one - cheers for that!

Comment

Working...
      X