Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Prince of Persia: Sands of Time". 16th Nov-16th Dec. Discuss where to buy it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Prince of Persia: Sands of Time". 16th Nov-16th Dec. Discuss where to buy it.

Once everyone has finished playing Beyond Good and Evil, it will be time to move on to Prince fo Persia: Sands of Time. Note: I've extended the date by a few days (to the 16th Nov) to give people a few more days to track it down. November is going to be a busy time for all of us, so if 1 month isn't long enough when it comes down to playing it, just clamour and I'll extend it later

A popular choice in the "next game suggestions" thread, it's not a game I've played myself, so I'm also looking forward to playing it immensely. It's significantly different from the adventure bias of Beyond Good and Evil. It's an action game, with combat, exploration and puzzles.

Coincidentally, PoP:SoT is another game from Ubisoft, at a time where they were really affirming their place on the gaming scene. But sales were slow, until good reviews (Read ours here) started to come in thick and fast. Overall sales recovered well; not enough to set the world on fire, but at least enough to prompt 2 sequels.

The Prince of Persia lineage goes back further than this though, to 1989. The original game applied revolutionary character animation techniques to bring an amazing level of realism to a 2D platform game.

The Prince's skills and animation from the 2D version are concentrated on in PoP:SoT, whilst bringing relatively new ideas to the 3D environment, such as wall running. The significant new feature is the ability to rewind time to a certain extent, so if a jump is mistimed or an enemy fight messed up, providing certain criteria are met, you can have a 2nd chance.

Please use this thread to discuss where to get hold of this game. It's available on all three formats. Please don't discuss the game yet.

Here's the vg+ page: http://www.videogamesplus.ca/advance...ort=2a&&page=2

When the 16th Nov arrives, I'll move the above post into a new thread for the discussion to begin.

Comment

I wouldn't mind giving this another crack. I got as far as the utterly unfair elevator fight and switched it off in a temper about 2 years ago! It is a wicked game though, I just love the Princes' silly foppish English accent.

Comment

Count me in

Comment

I think it's daft going back to back with two heavy story driven titles. I've already completed PoP and most of the enjoyment came from the way the story unfolded, it's not going to be half as enjoyable the second time through. I'll be giving this one a miss.

Comment

Comment

I'm guessing the GBA version is not on-par with the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/PC versions?

Comment

I have this for PC and loved every minute of it (Well combat was a bit meh) so I can't wait to have a reason to play this again.

Comment

PC

10? for PoP 1, 2 and 3 - Amazon

5? delivered(uk) for PoP 1 (Sold out range) - Sold out

Comment

Ooh, there's a trilogy pack with all three PoP games available for the PC and PS2! Shame it's not available for the Gamecube, as I would have liked to dig my cube out this time around. Are the two sequels any good? Got my eye on the PC box set, ?15 from Play. Is the Gamecube version of SoT graphically superior to the PS2 version or is there not much in it?

EDIT: Scratch that, ?10 for all three from Amazon? Cheers Bort, I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by revlob
                      I'm guessing the GBA version is not on-par with the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/PC versions?

Gamespot review reckons it's ok for a side scroller.

Comment

Really dislike this game, terribly overrated, leaps of faith (not in a good way) awful combat, puzzles are pretty boring, some not even that thought out, i don't like being negative but I'm hoping more people will see this for what it is which is a pretty average action adventure title with charm that manages to keep it from a average game which is most definitely is.

Comment

I haven't played this so I'm looking forward to it - good choice.

While playing Beyond Good and Evil I've also been working my way through Shadow of the Colossus, purely having been inspired by this section of the forum. It's great to be able to go back to these games.

Comment

Does the xbox version work on 360?

Comment

The main criticisms I have of The Sands of Time is that it features far too much combat (which is a shame because as mentioned the level design is absolutely amazing), and it hand-holds you with too many save points to walk into (I stumbled into loads I tried to avoid).

Comment

Working...
                              X