No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just the same 'kettle lead' that is used for computer base units.

Comment

Cheers bleeders. Top FAQ for last min importers like my self.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler
        Can anyone link to the UK plug I'll need for a US PS3? (just to make sure I get the right one) And possibly recommend where I can pick one up from in town.
        just find a PC monitor power cable mate. You basically want any kettle lead thats 5A or more, and the one im using is from my old monitor, so grab one of them ^_^

Comment

Is there any difference between a Jap & Hong Kong region PS3?? What region lock will the Hong Kong PS3 be?? Are US PS1 & PS2 games playable on a JAP PS3??

Comment

HK machines won't play US Blu-ray discs and nope, US PS1 & PS2 games aren't playable on either HK/JPN machine.

Comment

The HK PS3 does play US Blu-ray discs. Its in Region A. I have the HK PS3 and Im looking at the box now and it says Region A Blu-ray. But youre right about the PS1/PS2 games.

Not to mention I'm playing a US Blu-ray film disc on it right now.

Comment

Ah, my mistake, sure I read HK PS3's only play A3 BD discs. Oh well, all the better for it playing US stuff.

Comment

what I'd like to know is how CEX have wired a PS-2 Dualshock pad to work with their PS-3.

Neil.

Comment

When using the HDMI display, what have people had the audio settings as?? As ive noticed there are alot of option sthat give different bitrates, but you get a message saying if your speakers dont support the audio settings you could damage your speakers. Surely any normal HDTV speakers shall be able to accept 192 bitrate??

Comment

Which is better to buy Japanese or American PS3 ? I got load of Japanese and American games. I am a big fan of Winning Eleven football games.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                        Which is better to buy Japanese or American PS3 ? I got load of Japanese and American games. I am a big fan of Winning Eleven football games.
                        Japanese machine gives backwards compatibility for Japanese games, American one for American games.
                        I think they have separate Playstation Stores too.

PS3 games are region free, but games do seem to detect region (Resistance is censored when running on a Japanese machine, for example).

Blu-Ray movies are region protected, but USA and Japan share the same region.
                        Japanese machine plays Region 2 and 0 NTSC DVD's only. American machine plays Region 1 and 0 NTSC DVD's only.
                        Neither play PAL-encoded DVD's, even if they are region free.

Those are the main differences, get which you need more.

Comment

Not sure about Resistance, I have a usa copy of the game and it runs with full blood and guts on my jap machine???

Buy motorstorm and watch that smile grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stebbo View Post
                            I vaguely remember I selected North American, could be wrong though...

Apparently you can use a UK CC to put fund in your wallett to spend in the US and JAP store - I'll be trying this as soon as this update finishes installing.
                            Using a Japanese PS3, you can set up an account with either the Taiwan, HK, US or Japanese Store. I have a HK, US and JPN account myself.
                            You can download stuff from them all and can but stuff with a UK CC from the US and HK but not JPN as it requires a Japanese CC unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              what I'd like to know is how CEX have wired a PS-2 Dualshock pad to work with their PS-3.

Neil.
                              me too went CEX today and some random kid was playing it, he was probs about 5 and he wouldn't leave T_T but yeah from what I've hear the PS3 won't acept PS2 pads O_o

Comment

They work fine with a PS2 -> USB adaptor.

Comment

Working...
                                X