Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
    Thought folk might like to know that the PAL version is due for release this month.

Gameplay have it available for pre-order for the frankly bargainous price of ?19.99.
    Ordered. Nice heads up, man

Chopemon -

I seem to remember that there's some missions where you can't knack the big dog thing, you just have to take out the **** it drops. Try that. Failing that, aim for some of the sticking out bits on its underside, and the red light. I think there's a little laser tower on the underside? When it opens up to drop stuff, blast it. TBH I can't remember what I did to finish this mission, so I'll have a crack the next time I pop round Vanpeebles' house (probs Friday).

Comment

There's a trailer for this up on the marketplace for anyone yet to see what all the fuss (and fun) is about.

Comment

Ordered the PAL version, thanks to Paulos G. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

For the pant-tighteningly bargainous price of ?19.99, I've decided to give this a go. The 360 Magazine review gave it 3 stars, listed multiple technical faults but said its the most fun they've had with the 360 for a while. Here's hoping the achievements are up to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz@manc View Post
            Here's hoping the achievements are up to scratch.
            they're not great

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
              They're dire!!!

I know its a simple game, but the could've at the very least done time-based achievements, and achievements for killing a certain number of enemies with a certain weapon type etc. Its really not THAT difficult.

Comment

I`ve ordered my copy now and I`m quite looking forward to it, but I`m getting a bit pissed off with games with those type of unlockable achievements, it looks like I might get 500 points out of the game before I get bored. The achievement list reads like an EA Sports game!

Comment

Worse still, you can't play on a high difficulty and unlock the lower rank ones at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                    Worse still, you can't play on a high difficulty and unlock the lower rank ones at the same time.
                    thats not how the game works though and it never has. you start off low and build up your armour and weapons then your set for the hard levels

Comment

Yeah its near impossible to do the hard levels with piss weapons.

Comment

Bought the JP version off these very forums last week and got round to starting it tonight. Kicking myself atm for not buying it when it first came out as this is honestly some of the most fun I've had in a game ever!

Put about an hour in so I'm not too far into it but it's just an incredible amount of fun shooting the **** out of everything around.

PS: when do the giant spiders appear?

Comment

Not long, maybe aout 10-15 missions in? Hard to remember from memory - Vanp or Paulos G should be able to answer this one.

Comment

Pre-ordered and can't wait for release...
                            Big ants, spiders, mecha monsters, motherships....
                            "And they ARE GOING HOME....... IN A BODYBAG!"

Comment

Excellent choice Kat! I take it you've watched the marketplace trailer?

I think prinnysquad (love the new avatar btw) is right. Spiders must be somewhere around missions 10-15.

Comment

My US copy has just arrived, messed around with the first few missions - absolutely mental stuff! Real good mindless fun, enough to pull me away from Oblivion.

Back of the box says 1080p... native?

Comment

Working...
                                X