No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the ZE launcher from farming the red ant level on Inferno, I think I'll keep famring until I get the ZEXR guns and then move on as these launchers end up shooting me a lot of the time! Quick question, are the ZEXR guns that much better than the ZERA guns? Also do all the Lysanders have a slow firing rate? Everyone seems to rave about the LysanderZ but is that just beacuse it does huge damage per shot? I imagine it's not good for swarms though right?

Comment

Lysanders are the daddies at shooting down the big motherships that drop walkers. With the best Lysander, you can take down a mothership in about 5 or 6 shots IIRC. It does 5500 damage per shot (Lysander F = 3800) and has 8 bullets per mag (F = 7 bullets).

The ZEXR guns are the dogs. They suddenly made inferno missions easier. I think I used them in co-op to rinse level 51 (I think) on inferno, which had previously been an absolute knacker.
      Quick comparison:

ZEXR = 3 guns to place, each bullet does 70 damage, seems to last for ages.
      ZERA = 2 guns to place, each bullet does 40 damage, IIRC finishes its mag sooner.
      ZEXLauncher = 3 guns to place, each shot does 900 damage, but has a massive blast radius to skank you; not much good in close quarters.

Use this:

to help you compare weapons and know when they'll appear.

Comment

Handy guide there Prinny. Must get back to this at some stage.

Comment

Finished this finally last night at last after 68 hours and health of 8003. Couldn't have done it without prinny though whose tactics were spot on (not like vanpeebles who sat in the background making unhelpful suggestions about weapon combos which failed miserably). Lysanders and MFs proved the way to go on the final boss for us in the end.
          Such a feeling of satisfaction. I have never worked so hard to get 1000G on a game which can be so satisfying and frustrating in equal measures. No harvesting for me either post last mission. I managed to bag the last weapon I needed whilst reaping 'Assault' for health in the build up to the last bad boy.
          A really great game at a great budget price. I really hope we get another. Fingers crossed.

Comment

To be fair the run was down to luck as much as good tactics. VP's idea of concentrating on attacking the shields failed previously due to there being no health for me to pick up when I ran around getting ragged. On this run there was loads of health to keep me alive long enough for you to take out lots of shields and legs, so that when I fell there wasn't much left targetting you.

Though that sniper idea of his was terrible. Just, urgh, awful. Never again.

Comment

...sob... I still go back to this on occaision to try and get more health.

Comment

Is there any word on a followup to this game? I genuinely think it's one of the best for the 360 and still enjoy it, although sadly I doubt I'll ever finish it on inferno thanks to my brother's choice of extremely high power explosive weapons which kill me more often than the enemies do.

John

Comment

Ok, I'm in desperate need of help! I've finished all the levels on inferno bar the level inferno (L52) and I just can't seem to get anywere. I have pretty much all the weapons (missing the last prominence but that's about it), playing co-op and have around 5,000 armour. The recommendations I've found advise first using the vehicles which I don't understand as they seem to barely last a matter of seconds then rolling constantly while using the Lysander Z and reloading the ZEXR guns. The problem with this is that I just can't seem to last long, there's so much stuff attacking that rolling doesn't really avoid much and with the Lyzander I can't do much damage either. I've tried a few different combinations as has my teammate but after a frustrating few hours we seem to be even worse than before.

The few times we've made it through to the second stage the red ships just kill us extremely quickly even when near the ranger squad. THere is the option to get more health but as our health is dropping like a stone it looks to be a case of last two or so more seconds before dying. It's annoying being so close to completing the game on inferno which I never thought I'd do but seemingly so far away.

Oddly there seems to be lots of strategies for the last level but that to me seems very easy compared to 52, did it on the second shot using four Lysander Z's to just pile into the mothership.

John

Comment

If I remember correctly we beat that level with one player having double turrets, and the other having a Z and turrets. We also had closer to 8,000 health. I would plant a set of turrets and then use the tank to shell the approaching ants, then when they destroy the tank drop the second set of turrets and concentrate on avoiding death until the first set is ready for reloading.

The turrets will help to interrupt the red ships when they strafe you, and wear them down. If the sniper is a good shot you can get through this stage fairly safely. Just make sure you know where the nearest health pack is and never ever pick one up if you don't need it.

The third stage is easy. Sniper takes down the two ships while the turrets hold back the queens and their kids.

I know it's boring, but farming more health could make all the difference. Your current strategy sounds perfectly reasonable, but 5k is too low. I'm impressed you managed to clear all the other levels with it!

Comment

Anyone know if the pal version is playable on a US 360?

Comment

VG+ says the US version is region free, so maybe the other way around?
                        Want to be in the know on whats happening here at Videogamesplus.ca? Check back often for updates on hidden gems, preorders shipping and upcoming promotions and sales and more.

Comment

I went back to EDF 2017 last night. I'm seven missions away from clearing Inferno and need four weapons (the Lysander Z, the Prominence MA, strangely, the MG30 and, of course, the Genocide Gun) for the full set.

I was getting destroyed in the beginning but, slowly, it all started to come back. What my favourite weapons are, how to stay alive and, most importantly, how to roll like a madman.

The roll mechanic could be better implemented and I miss being able to reload at the press of a button. Other than that, it's still as great as I remembered it! The graphics were never one of its strong points but, on the flip side, the load times are kept remarkably short.

Bug farming awaits!

Comment

The Lysander Z and the Prominence MA dropped after minimal farming! Let's hope the MG30 won't have me grinding for too long. Unlike the Lysander Z, which is a must on some of the later missions, I won't be using grenades so I'll save that for later.

I managed to knock four out of the remaining seven missions without too much trouble. These were the more tactical missions, where having the Lysander Z and having watched a Youtube video made all the difference. The three I have left are:

48) Wrath
                            52) Inferno
                            53) Starship

Starship I think I'll try cheesing via C70 bombs delivered by helicopter. The other two will require some serious skill, but a bit of luck wouldn't go amiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                              The Lysander Z and the Prominence MA dropped after minimal farming! Let's hope the MG30 won't have me grinding for too long. Unlike the Lysander Z, which is a must on some of the later missions, I won't be using grenades so I'll save that for later.

I managed to knock four out of the remaining seven missions without too much trouble. These were the more tactical missions, where having the Lysander Z and having watched a Youtube video made all the difference. The three I have left are:

48) Wrath
                              52) Inferno
                              53) Starship

Starship I think I'll try cheesing via C70 bombs delivered by helicopter. The other two will require some serious skill, but a bit of luck wouldn't go amiss.
                              Yes! You can't beat rocking a double-Lysander Z combo!

Dude, there's nothing cheesy about using tactics to beat EDF. It's not like you're glitching so they can't see you or something, you've still got to get to de choppah, get it airborne, reach the UFO and survive two rounds of bombings!

It's easier, but not easy.

You done all those missions on Inferno?!

Comment

Yeah, on Inferno, the remaining 50 missions have been taken care of. And I've fully cleared the other four difficulty levels.

I'm trying to think of someone I could rope in to help me...

Comment

Working...
                                X