Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
    You got time to catch one?

Lol,

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
      That reminds me, I'll be heading 'up the road' next week and will have to remember to pick up some white pudding to bring back. Food of the Three Golden Goddesses that stuff.
      And square sausages

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
        And square sausages
        Archg! Ma granda gets me that oota Farmfoods.

Gave up on the pies after finding a piece of cows eyelid in my mouth once. I don't mind eating **** when I'm hungry but plz make sure it's mashed up.
        Last edited by dataDave; 25-01-2007, 10:52.

Comment

Jacket Potato cooked for 1 hour and 30 minutes in the oven (so its nice and crispy) filled with a small tub of 1% fat cottage cheese and a salad garnish. Nothing fancy, bit of salt & pepper on the top and a glass of skimmed milk to wash it down with.

Comment

If all goes to plan I should be having a nice steak tonight.

It'll be done rare with some chips, mushrooms, tomatoes and possible a little bit of salad.

Comment

My missus has stepped in with a late shout to change the proposed tea for tonight - gammon steak, chips, pineapple and fried egg. Am now in a quandry, as I love stew, but the pink, round slice of salty pork goodness is tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                the pink, round slice of salty pork goodness is tempting.
                Said Mrs. Seany

Boom Boom.

Comment

I think ive got some steak for tonight which will be nice, medium rare cause i hate over done steak.

To drink ive got a Wychwood selection box so i'll be having Hobgoblin, Wychcraft or Fiddlers Elbow .............. or all 3 .

Comment

Mrs Funkydan expressed a preference for fish fingers, new potatoes and peas for tonight. I like the sound of the pots and peas, but I don't think I fancy fish fingers. She's the money-bags atm, so perhaps I could persuade her to get us a nice bit of sirloin steak (to be griddled) and some blue cheese to melt on top

In addition, perhaps we could start with Prawn Cocktail and have Black Forest gateau for pudding in true retro 80's style

Although Seany, I quite like your stew idea - something that would warm the cockles of my heart (anyone else heard/use that expression?!), what with it being all snowy and crappy today

Comment

If we could do polls we should do one on steaks. Rare for me... in fact I might have one for lunch. Mmmm.

And that means "dinner" tonight, as with most nights, will be simple. I tend to eat my main meal at lunch time so later I'll have either this:

with sliced banana, or this:

on some nice toast.

Comment

My missus has stepped in with a late shout to change the proposed tea for tonight - gammon steak, chips, pineapple and fried egg. Am now in a quandry, as I love stew, but the pink, round slice of salty pork goodness is tempting.
                        I say go with the gammon, you know it makes sense. With some sweetcorn as well

Comment

I made a beef stew on Monday, loads of root veg in there, plenty of stock and seasoning, a pint and a half of homebrewed stout and a few bay leaves. Lush.

Instead of gammon Seany I'd go for a gammon joint, boil/simmer in a pot of stock (pepper, onion, cloves, bay leaf) for 25 mins per 450g. Put the oven on 190c, drain the meat then brush liberally with English mustard and cover with demera sugar. Whack that in the oven for 40 mins. Magic.

My Mrs is working tonight so I'm on bachelor meals, tonight I'm having home made wedgies/chips (olive oil/salt/rosemary in the oven), pork chops in BBQ sauce (Jack Daniels Old Smokehouse from the US) and a couple of cobs of corn griddled with butter and cumin.

Comment

Have the stew for tea and then get in that pink round slice for afters. Do like Dirty Sanchez and add a bit of butter and cumin!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                              Have the stew for tea and then get in that pink round slice for afters.
                              Make it stop, please!

Comment

I have some nice chicken left over from last night, so will be making a chicken & vegetable satay stir fry. Always make your own satay sauce, it tastes aces! Loads of peanut butter, chilli, spices mmmmmmm.

Probably do some baby corn, sugarsnap peas, beansprouts and waterchestnuts for the veg, and maybe some nice thick udon noodles.

(all of this talk is going to make my lunchtime microwaved spud seem rather bland )

Comment

Working...
                                X