No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not into art in the traditional sense, I can't draw, I can't paint but I do appreciate, especially graf and all that goes with it. Through that I found this that I thought you guys would like:

Alex is local to Brighton, is a massive name in graf nationally (ODISY) and evidently is handy with a pen and pencil too. From what I hear he's in training to do this on peoples skin too, imagine!

Comment

Alright guys, i'm hoping these load okay. My three most recent and lots more to come! :-)

edit: Nope! they didnt work...
      Last edited by Adam Stone; 01-03-2008, 10:06.
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

LOL dont think they loaded
        Had a look at your work on the redbubble site you linked to earlier. Good job! I see you're only 21, keep at it, in 10 years time you will be doing incredible work. Love the way you render hair and fur.

Comment

Adam, save yourself a lot of time and just bung the images on to ImageShack!

Comment

Thanks matey, i dont know why they're not working, buggering things. Neoboy, thank you for the kind words buddy. I do have a thing for hair details, my new kitten picture i'm working on does a bit fur crazy.

Here's some direct links instead, just point and click ;-)

Here's my main sitey thingy...

And here's some newer pics

Darkness... and Pain
            Beauty's Blade
            Waiting and Wishful
            Scruffy

Hope these work this time

Comment

Congratulations adam, these are brilliant. Im a sucker for dog pictures, and that my friend is great.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Darkness... and Pain reminds me a bit of the type of thing Ben Templesmith would do.

Who I reckon is aces!

Comment

Thank you guys. I'm really feeling the arty vibe again now... absolutely love drawing again. I finished off a new one today, its called "Please Love Me"

I tried to make this scruffy little kitten look sweet and endearing, like he is desperate to be loved and adored despite his faintly quirky and scruffy self :-)

Comment

I drea this for uni the other week, just started drawing again for one of my life drawing classes. It's tough getting back into it!

Comment

What, you had 47 as a life model? Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                        What, you had 47 as a life model? Scary.
                        Work must be drying up. I presume he covered his barcode to make himself more aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

Hehe, you guys!

Comment

That is a good pencil sketch Rossco mate. He looks noble and elegant, and yet a little scary!

Here's a new Plar drawing i did the other day. Plars are my little characters and they are intriguing little creatures. Beneath their small and fragile form… and past their big alluring eyes… is a courageous and determined spirit.

This drawing isnt great in form, but i like the concept. I wrote a little story next to it which explains its intent :-)

Plar - A Loving Gesture

The Plar doesn’t see a furious beast, he sees a reflection of himself; he sees a creature that is saddened by loneliness.

The dragon is feared by animals, hunted by warriors and greedily sought for their thick scales. It is a creature that is forever cursed by its majesty. .. Doomed to live and die alone.
                            This Plar, however, can see past the Dragon’s evil exterior; he can look beyond the teeth, the claws and the mighty roars. He doesn’t see rage… He sees sorry and sadness… He sees loneliness.

This is why this Plar has climbed high into the sky to the Dragon’s cave… This is why he has picked the rarest flower and offered it as a gift… This is the Plar’s loving gesture.

I've also finished of another...

Watching

This was originally drawn earlier in the year as a quick sketch… One which i never was too happy with and very nearly discarded… however a friend of mine shared how he liked the concept so i thought it was about time i finished it…

I wanted this to be simple yet bold… and make the viewer feel like they are the ones being watched.

Comment

I finally finished the kitten picture ive been working on... Hurrah. I posted it previously in its unfinished state, now its all done and dusted. I spent ages trying to get those bloody eyes right, i'm quite pleased with it now though

Kitten Pic - Clicky!!!

Comment

Your skill amazes me mate every time!

Comment

Working...
                                X