No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if we can get [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] to make a divoom app account to add his pixelart to the network. Just recently discovered the existence of these pixel frames, the 64x64 is big enough for some really nice stuff not cheap but i have been looking at something iluminated for a dark corner of my room on the wall near the pinball table, i'm trying to fill every corner with something either glowing or interesting as i have no more room for posters and this will fill the gap perfect. Was going to get a mini led neon sign but this thing does so mych more i can fill it full of gaming pixel art and also the type of cool stuff that looks amazing on a pc but i'd love to dispay as art. Can also connect to wifi so i can have it notify me of stuff.

Comment

I take it theses aren’t just normal lcd’s that are displaying pixelart? Or are they?

Comment

They are a led matrix so it’s a grid of 64x64 individual rgb leds making them a perfect match for displaying pixel art.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          They are a led matrix so it’s a grid of 64x64 individual rgb leds making them a perfect match for displaying pixel art.
          I actually have one of the smaller ones and also the bag version, which is pretty cool. But they are lower res. I haven’t made much for them yet. The 64x64 pixel versions would be way better for how I work so maybe I’ll have to get one!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Interesting cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I actually have one of the smaller ones and also the bag version, which is pretty cool. But they are lower res. I haven’t made much for them yet. The 64x64 pixel versions would be way better for how I work so maybe I’ll have to get one!
              Get one ASAP, please!

Comment

Mine turned up today instead of weds, bit fiddly to get up & running but eventually managed it. The app doesn't quite say how to access the pics that you uploaded to the frame so you can delete them if you don't want them on there but i'll figure that out. It's a really nice thing, just need to wall mount it now and cram it full of art, took a quick pic.

It seems it can go brighter but i need a 5v3A supply for it to activate high brightness settings it says not to try unless you have one.

Comment

Now all wall mounted and cable tucked away, discovering so many incredible pieces of pixel art on the divoom app, this is what's currently running, the colours on screen don't do it justice, in led form it looks amazing averything glows so cool.

Comment

That really is cool, Importaku, thanks for sharing.

I wonder if you can get it to automatically cycle artwork like a digital photo frame?

Looks like you've put the fun in non-fungible tokens!

Comment

Yup it can be set to either randomly cycle through stuff on the Divoom app network or your own curated choices or just a single pic. Even has night mode where you can tell it when to go dim and when to wake up so the light doesn’t disturb your sleep it’s packed with features and online widget things there’s lots of options for displaying stuff it also can be used as a sound visualiser as it has a built in mic. Also discovered once it connected to WiFi you can control it from anywhere been randomly changing the pics to entertain mum while I’m at work.

It’s an expensive bit of room decoration but I’m really pleased with it so far.
                      Last edited by importaku; 17-05-2022, 09:28.

Comment

Been really enjoying exploring pixel art found some amazing pieces i really enjoy having it in that dark corner on a night the frame vanishes and all i can see is the image had a rather surreal view of a space invader just floating there in the corner as i couldn't see the screen frame like one had come to life. Would have been nice if the firmware update they pushed out yesterday didn't totally break my screen and stop it from communicating with the app but in the early hours of the morning it spung to life and updated itself again & fixed whatever it had downloaded before. Lesson learnt i have now turned auto update off.

Every so often i find these kind of scenes i love pics like this where there's a mini moment captured.

And becausue a still image does it no justice, the colours looks so vibrant when on the frame.

Comment

Oh, that looks good! Even if the artist is a bit of a hack.

Comment

they have a lot of game related gifs but there's some nice scene ones like that too

Comment

Probably stating the obvious but you know that's by Dogg, right?

Comment

LOL no i didn't, i mean the depreciating humour was giving hints but i didn't know that's his account

Comment

Working...
                                X