Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That super sucks, sorry to hear the sad news.

My wonderful Nan died the end of my shift just before I was about to have the first 2 week holiday in 3 years working at a particular nursing home that was a nightmare just to get a solid week off let alone a weekend.

If I hadn't booked the time off then, there was no way I'd have been given the time off to spend with my family, they may have given me 2 days off short notice. So it was 'lucky' I guess, we gave her a good send off and I got to support my mum and sister during that sad time.

Its been nearly 5 years now and I miss her every day.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Got given £50 M&S vouchers for my birthday. NOTHING there that I liked so got a bunch of boxer shorts and stuff which should last a few years....

It's like anti style. How does it still exist?
      Yep, I get all my underwear from M&S plus work shirts as well. I got a couple of pairs of trousers for work from there the other day as well.

Comment

My mum's third night in the hospital. Appendix problems. I've taken it OK the first couple of nights due to post-work beers took my mind off it just enough. Tonight, sober and it's sinking in, all those deep and awful feelings, the griefy stuff. She said it might be next week or this weekend but she looked ****ed today, tbh. She seems to have aged too quick, she's only 69 but is really not well at all, she could barely move and they've been fasting her since Monday. Though a Cup-a-Soup and yogurt were allowed tonight.

She's just waiting and waiting for these antibiotics to kick in. I thought they removed appendixes but, apparently, the op she was due to have Tuesday morn has been called off because its "too risky", so onto the anti-Bs it is instead. Hmmmm.

Anyhoo, being all negative, she might pull through all chipper and stuff and back to bingo. I am crossing my fingers.

Comment

Is what it is. Nothing I can do but be a rock that my other half needs right now, in time she will come to terms with it in her own way and learn to live with it.

Circle of life.

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION], you need to lay off the sauce fella, it’s going to rot your mind and body until your wholy dependent on it, evil stuff alcohol when it takes hold, and far to cheap too.

Edit. Sorry, might of sounded a bit insensitive that, I do hope your mum gets better soon and it gets sorted.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-03-2019, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            I am crossing my fingers.
            My fingers are latticed like a Mr. Kipling treacle tart, mate.

Comment

Cheers randombs, and to fishbowlhead, too (I'm not offended, btw). Off to see her in an hour, hope there's been some progress, has just been a slow grind so far.

Comment

I'm glad I read the previous posts before replying.

Hope she gets out and home soon.

Comment

Thanks, cheers mate. Seemed a fair bit better today so all being well...

Comment

Bought a Chromecast off eBay. This.... thing arrives. Not a Chromecast so I start return process. Seller is emailing me to get me to resolve this in a friendly way. **** off mate. It’s coming back and you’re getting negative feedback for trying to palm off some Chinese garbage as a Chromecast.

Comment

What is wrong with people? It's almost 2020 and I'm still regularly seeing people post on Facebook saying "broke my phone - lost all your phone numbers". It's like the cloud doesn't exist....

Comment

Not an irk, more a sadness. Finished my last job in portering about 40 minutes back. Got a week off then start in A&E a week on Monday. Feeling all sentimental, not gonna see most of the guys n' gals in portering as much now I'm gonna be permanent in A&E, been there 10.5 years so it's quite a big thing, had lots of people come up to me saying how sad they were that I was moving.

Gah. Keep thinking I've made a mistake. But that's my sentimental side being a dick. Gotta remember why I've moved. And the reasons are myriad. All those warm fuzzies really cracked my guilt complex open.

But damn it, it's done and dusted, I know where I stand and am fully in control of my own workload now. Must. Be. Badass.

Comment

Jazzy, you da man.
                          You're going to be a credit to wherever you work, might as well be somewhere where you feel you're progressing.

Good on you for getting the job, mate.

Comment

Cheers bud.

You're right, it's a progression of sorts. Though I've sacrificed some cushy regular hours, been on weekday 2pm-10pms for over three years so this is gonna be a quantum redshift, these are like 7x6am-2pm, 6x2pm-10pm, 7x10pm-6am. Gonna be nuts, ha! But I'll do it, I'm sure.

It's progressive because if I establish myself in A&E and do well in a place that often feels like Ramsay's kitchen then I might be able to maybe accrue the right contacts and think of more lucrative things.

Anyway, I'm sticking to me gunz, go with tge dolio flow as always.

Comment

Our little jazzy is all grown up and playing with the big boys

Comment

Sigh £35 down the toilet because i was stupid enough not to check that UV resin dye wasn't a restricted shipping item, the side of buying from Amazon japan i sometimes forget to check. Tenso sadly can't ship it as it has restrictions on and amazon can't return it as it has the same restrictions so i had no option but to have tenso discard it and lose the money i paid.

In fututre i need to be more careful with what i order, sucks been stuck in a country that is total crap when it comes to hobby stuff. For a city as big as leeds it has the grand total of 1 hobby shop in town and it's in the arse end of nowhere in a retail park.

Comment

Working...
                                X