No announcement yet.

Whm+blm Af Complete! :d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just thinking about Beastman seals and BCNM for my own benefit, that's all. I could start RDM.

Would be nice to get a lowbie static going. Although with WHM/BLM/DRK+THF I'm finding it costs me £3 a month on mog house storage.

Comment

I'm trying to finish WHM AF2 (in that I still need a pair of Moccasins - none in stock anywhere) and start BLM AF2 (Crawlers' Nest elemental hunt + Castle Zvahl Whine Room job) if anyone wants to help tonight. Getting closer to 52 both jobs and I don't want to go any further with crap gear.

Comment

Cheers Rare for the BLM AF2. It's going to be a while before I wear this stuff though ><.

OK. If Maria and Tickle are up for it tonight us three can go and do Maria's AF2 (which she can now wear) in Castle Ostroja, I'll also need a pair of moccasins dropping from the Abbots as there are none about.

After that I'm thinking we could go and do WHM AF3 which seems quite involved.

We need to kill Dark Stalkers in Eldieme Necropolis until they drop a Tavnazia Bell (x2) and then take them to the ??? at Fei'Yin J-10. That spawns a shadow NM which we can't lose on or else we'll need another Bell >< Anyway, we spawn him twice and he drops another item (mask) that we take back ftw.

If Maria and Tickle aren't about I'd like to try BLM AF3 (or if the above takes us no time at all I'd like to do this too)...

Magic Sludge in Toraimarai Canal. lvl62. Couple of cutscenes, manafont needed for one, and then the NM. Simple. The hard bit is getting to the zone as the normal entrance is deep down in Inner Horutoto Ruins (unless you have a Rhinostery Certificate which involves a serious amount of questing).

EDIT: We're going to need a RDM (even a lvl1 RDM) to get us into here ><... or someone with Windurst 3-2 complete.

With those out the way we're only left with the coffer keys. Nine are needed in total for both me and Maria so I'd like a fair bit of THF help if ppl are around. If we get a big gang of us together it should only take an hour or two - It'll be interesting to see how long it actually takes if we cane it. After we drop the keys I can travel around with Maria getting our AF out of coffers - that shouldn't require much help, or if it does we can just bug Tickle. We'll get the WHM coffers out the way and then that's me + Maria finished with AF. \o/
        Last edited by dataDave; 07-02-2007, 14:34.

Comment

Moot's up for helping with BLM AF3 tonight. We need someone with Windurst rank 4 or higher though to get past the Mage Gate. Can anyone else help out? I'm thinking we could be doing with 2/3 75s as I don't know how tough the NM is supposed to be.

Comment

Sorry Davi, wasnt about last night and not tonite as its Birthday Drinks for me!

But should be around Friday and Sat day and Sunday. Do have gods on sunday but will be around apart from that.

Me and Maria both have a bell already, i picked one up ages ago at random and kept it and Maria got one the other day when I was there for her G1.

If its a item drop i take it I can spwan and then sombody else lot the item if needed? If so thats cool as we will have a spare and only have to farm one.
            Last edited by djtickle; 08-02-2007, 18:18.

Comment

I think (not 100&#37 that you have to be the person with the quest active to be able to pop the NM.

Comment

Wizard's Petasos Get! IMO the coolest item in the game.

Cheers Rare, Moot + Hicory. It took us a while but we got there in the end. Much excitement on the dark ele. I love doing little quests like that.

Tickle, I'm up for smashing through more AF tonight if you fancy? Dara is farming the Wizard's Coat key so I'm going with him - as long as I get the key I'm sound, I can get the coffer after I've completed the WHM AF set of quests first.

If we can get WHM AF2+3 out the way I'll be mega happeh!! ^^ Fancy farming the WHM coffer keys if we bag them in record time?

My only other aims this weekend are CoP Mammeries and RDM10 for our lowbie static....
                Last edited by dataDave; 09-02-2007, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  I think (not 100&#37 that you have to be the person with the quest active to be able to pop the NM.
                  Yep - you have to pop him once for each person that wants the AF. If we wipe we need to farm another bell.

Does Maria have AF2 yet? I need meh Moccasins still ><

Oh yeah - here it is in full-color...

Can be stored with a Porter Moogle using Storage Slip 04. Cannot be auctioned, traded, bazaared, or delivered. Cannot be obtained as a random reward from the Gobbie Mystery Box Special Dial and similar sources. Borghertz's Sorcerous Hands (Monastic Cavern Coffer)

It says Monastic Cavern for Wizard's Coat coffer. I'll hunt around to see if they're wrong.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 09-02-2007, 11:04.

Comment

ffxipedia is usually accurate

Comment

I'll be around again tonight most likely if any assistance is needed

Comment

Originally posted by Kerushi View Post
                        ffxipedia is usually accurate
                        Yeah - it's me being a n00b. It's the Davoi key needed to open the Monastic zone coffer. I thought Monastic Cavern linked to that Ordielles Caves or whatever it's called.

Originally posted by C' View Post
                        I'll be around again tonight most likely if any assistance is needed
                        Buzzin man! Yet to see what Tickle's doing about WHM AF but I know Dara is hunting the coffer key out of Davoi for sure.

Comment

No Maria hasnt done AF2 yet.

Comment

Well, I went off to look for my Beaudeax coffer key by accident (thought it was the BLM hands quest starter, not WHM) with 5 other lvl75's, including two THFs, and in five hours (yep, I was up until 5:30am) of constantly chaining 2x mobs at once we didn't get anywhere, I nearly levelled FFS. A pair of moccasins dropped so I at least have WHM AF2 now.

A few BLM spells dropped but I was out-lotted on all of them (PLD beat me by 5 points on a lot for 'Flood' Fair enough, it's a good bit of gil, but I need that for my sodding favourite job that's stumped). I also got a BLM testimony out of it so that saves a bit of messing later.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 12-02-2007, 14:20.

Comment

Thx to Dara me and Maria are now ready for the NM fight (x2) in Fei'Yin for WHM AF3. Reckon we can get an alliance ricking for the trip? If we lose against him we need to farm another Tavnazian Bell which won't be nice.

Then it's just coffer keys for us both. ; ; I'm 1/3 on BLM coffer keys (Davoi - Dara needs that too).

Not too impressed with the WHM boots tbh... Better with Seers'+1 still. o_O. Spell interuption rate -20&#37; could prove some worth.
                              Last edited by dataDave; 13-02-2007, 10:37.

Comment

Rite - after our lowbie exp sesh I'm off to Fei'Yin with Tickle + Maria, anyone else care to help?

Comment

Working...
                                X