Transporter SE R2 no DTS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transporter SE R2 no DTS??

Bored ill day I decided to get Transporter from ASDA, had alook at the back was suprised to see included a DTS soundtrack....

But does it??

The packaging (this is the "SE" version like that means something) says it does, but on the disc there is no audio menu, and cycling through the tracks reveals only DD 5.1 & 2.0.

Am I going mad or can anyone else verify this, I tried another DTS movie afterwards fine so its no techno meltdown.

Um, on my Transporter R2 SE there's deffo a Language Selection menu with DD5.1 and DTS options (plus commentary). Maybe they gave you the old un-SE disc by mistake? Sounds likely to me, being Asda and all. I've just tried the DTS track and it's flagged as DTS.

On the actual disc itself does it have a piccie of Statham pointing a gun? It should read "The Transporter Special Edition" on the disc art too.

Comment

Well, the sticker on the disc deffinately says special edition, it was a sealed item no dvd swapping faff.

Here is the language selection menu, theres no sound options to click, the cursor doesnt go up to the "language & audio" bit

Comment

Got me intrigued this one so I dug out my copy and had a look too.

What I suspect has happend is whilst you have the SE labelled disc, the disc itself is just the regular version pressing.

The langauge screen on my copy looks like this:

Certainly think something isn't right with yours mate and should be taken back and exchanged for another!

Comment

Thats what I figured, nice one for the help, what a freak of technology, If I can be bothered ill give asda what for....or just ask politely for another.

Comment

That's bizarre. If that's right there must be a fair few in circulation like that. WB managed to do that with the new Superman III SE as well.

Comment

Thats what irks me about going back to asda to swap it, could be that all their stock is the same and then ill come back again & they'll think im a loon

Comment

Go down and change it mate, I work there and they'll do it in an instant if you explain that they put the Standard Edition disc in by mistake. If it turns out they're all the same, least you'll know.

Comment

Working...
                X