Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galactic Civilizations 2: Dark Avatar Expansion (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galactic Civilizations 2: Dark Avatar Expansion (PC)

Just downloaded this.

So far, it's great.

More of the same as you'd expect from an expansion pack, but therer are plenty of new features to keep you entertained.

There's new races, new weapons, new research, new ways to get resources e.g you can now mine asteroids.

Each race now has a superabilty - which can inlcude things like making a planet toxic, making ships slower in your space, or the abilty to create new espionage agents (whihc are also new).

The sandbox (shich is all I play), has much more customisable options such as choosing the amount of minor races and creating your own races not only to play as - but to play against.

A lot of previously unusable planets can now be colonised once a tech is researches e.g a desert planet or an aquatuc planet can be terraformed if you research the respective techs. This is great as it prevents the mad rush as the beginning to get colony ships and rush them to planets.

There's also new diplomatic options as well ie, trade treatys, economic treatys etc. The AI is as good as ever, and it needs to be since it still ahs no multiplayer - but don't let that put you off, the AI is fantastic.

I read the graphics were meant to be a major improvement, but even in the 3d battles, I can't really notice much to be honest.

Overall, this is my favourite turn based strategy game ever. If you like single player, 'one more go' turn based strategy then I can't recommend this enough.

Fantastic so far.

Downloaded directly from Stardock site or what?
    I'm actually afraid of buying it as I might fall again in "only 4 turns for that technology" thing which made me play till 4 o'clock for a couple of months.

Comment

Yeah, digital download.

Comment

Working...
      X