Yamaha AV59 (Speaker System)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha AV59 (Speaker System)

I recently got advice from the avforums about a low-mid budget surround sound system, i also viewed other threads and i have decided I'm going to go for the AV59. (anyone here have one?)

I understand these are the two cables i need to set up (importantly) Dreamcast (VGA) Wii (component) 360 (component)

Cables

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PH002.html

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/TS001.html

Could anyone please give me basic guide to how i would set it up, and do they definitely work with the 3 consoles mentioned.

(there is a guide on the net but i couldn't access as i don't have the program to open it)

Thank you.

I have one

I have the original one though from just over a year ago that only had 2 Component Inputs.

I think it's perfect does everything I could hope including HD switching @ 720p & 1080i via component.

Basically I have mine setup as follows...

360 Component into the Amp
    360 Optical into the Amp
    DVD Coaxial into Amp
    TV RCA's into Amp

Then Component out to the TV to display the 360

I used to have my Wii running through it as well via component until I sold it a fortnight ago.

To set yours up basically all you do is run both the 360 & Wii component cables into the component in's on the back of the amp & one set of Component cables from the Amp's set of Component outputs ot your telly this will allow you to display the Wii/360 via the TV.
    Then plug the 360 Optical cable into the corrseponding optical socket (MUST be labelled the same as the component input you have plugged the 360 into i.e. DVD otherwise you'll have picture but no sound)
    Then with the Wii plug the 2 spare RCA's into the corresponding RCA Input (Again MUST be labelled the same)
    The DC will be different...plug the VGA direct into TV & then run the 2 RCA's to a spare RCA input on the back of the amp.

All you do then is select the relevant input from the AMP i.e. DVD & you'll be gaming happily

Voila job done

It really is simple & deffinitley worth it.
    While some say it's not be the best amp & speaker set out there but for the money I dont think you could wrong (Mine cost me £150 from Empire Direct in Decemeber 2005)
    I'm more than happy with it, is perfect for games & movies & I wouldnt change it for the world.

Hope you enjoy it.

Neil

Comment

Thanks Neil, i couldn't of hoped for a better response and help, Thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by linkedtpthepast View Post
        Thanks Neil, i couldn't of hoped for a better response and help, Thanks mate
        No problem at all your more than welcome.

One thing I have done & might be just as easy for you is with my TV plugged into the amp means all my older consoles (PS2, Saturn, DC, SNES, MD, Gamecube) dont have to be plugged into the amp seperatley...everything is run Scart to telly & all audio sent through the telly's RCA's to the amp...surround sound & perfect stereo audio for everything all with a lot less cabling

Oh & Res 4 on 'Cube/Wii in Pro Logic II sounds FANTASTIC & makes you wonder why people moan that the Wii/Cube doesnt do "proper" digital.

Neil

Comment

I have the AV59 as well. I'd say have another look at similar priced packages.

I am disappointed with the package even considering the price. If Guitar Hero is going to get a lot of play then this system isn't right for you. Truly awful for music.

Depending on your DC vga box you might need the two phono to 3mm stereo jack. My Hais box needs that one.
          Last edited by Bort; 04-04-2007, 21:45.

Comment

If you've not already made your mind up, I completely recommend the Logitech Z-5500 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Dig...5786749&sr=8-1

Coupled with this optical switcher http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tv...ml?id=BaaK5Nbj

I have my PS3/360/PS2 in the opticals, DVD player in the coaxial, PC in the 5.1 analogues, Wii/DC in the line-in. The 5.1 analogues can also act as 3 separate stereo line-ins.
            Supports the required DD/DTS/PLII too.

Comment

Working...
            X