No announcement yet.

Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its an awful story, but I can't believe they'd leave their kids alone like that. When the story first broke, the travel company that was responsible for the resort were named (and shamed by default) but its since come out that they operate a creche service. Just doesn't make any sense as to why the parents didn't use it.

I just hope that the girl comes back safe and sound.

Comment

News today is that they know who has her, he's a known paedophile, and they are hoping to find him very quickly...they think he may be near the resort still!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        News today is that they know who has her, he's a known paedophile, and they are hoping to find him very quickly...they think he may be near the resort still!
        i feel sick

Comment

It's a self-gratifying world we live in these days unfortunately - the parents in some way probably figured they "deserved it" and went out accordingly.

If she's been taken by a known paedo then I don't see the point in posting "I hope she's alright" because there's probably a 1% chance of that now.

I'd hope that social services will be visiting them on their return to assess the family situation.

edit : From the South side of Glasgow. How embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
            I'd hope that social services will be visiting them on their return to assess the family situation.
            It's not just illegal in the UK, according to the same news article that said it was a known paedophile, it is also illegal in Portugal and after the case is solved/finished with, they may face legal action there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
              edit : From the South side of Glasgow. How embarassing.
              They stay in Rothley in Leicestershire, not that it makes a diffrence. Its sad watching the rest of the family clutch straws and blame the response time of the police and everyone else.

Comment

I suppose this is also one of those things where you don't think it'll happen to you until it does. Not saying that excuses them, but I feel reluctant to outright blast them.

As usual, the papers are milking this for all it's worth.

Comment

They would do. Cute little white girl. No other type of girl seems to go missing, unless you look at statistics.

In the UK, police recorded 846 cases of child abductions in 2002/03
                  ec.europa.eu/justice_home/news/information_dossiers/ missing_children_day_2006/commission_action_en.htm

It is a terrible thing to have happened but a terrible thing that did not have to happen.
                  Last edited by saif; 07-05-2007, 20:42.

Comment

One of the papers (Express I think) said that the coppers dealing with the case were lacking in experience. I think that is a wonderful thing personally as it hints at the complete lack of this type of crime in that area.

There really are some evil people in this world. I really hope there is a hell for them. To steal one thing is something but to steal someone's child?! I cannot comprehend the horror that the family must be going through, let alone that poor little girl. Life is so precious and terror is so real.

Comment

Must admit the longer it goes on the worse it looks, still hopefully it could all still turn-out OK.

Comment

heard something on the news last night i couldnt believe it

they wouldnt put the photo fit out of the suspect cos it was against the law ????????? wtf

Comment

I cant even begin to imagine how the parents must feel and don't feel able to judge them, sure the press angle on this will affect your impression, also cant believe how on earth they can keep it together in the public appeals they are making, they must be incredibly brave or strong. Like you say it could turn out OK but the longer it goes on the worse it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet View Post
                            They stay in Rothley in Leicestershire, not that it makes a diffrence. Its sad watching the rest of the family clutch straws and blame the response time of the police and everyone else.

Thats totally what I was thinking too!! Someone else is always to blame!!

What is wrong with people & not taking responsibility for their own actions?. I didnt want to say anything for fear of being linched but it seems others are thinking the same.
                            Both parents go out for a meal, ignore the cresh facilities & leave 3 children alone in an appartment on their own?!! I call that selfish.

It mentioned on the news last night that when the parents were popping back to check on them they were apparently only 60 yds away, as opposed to the 200 yds mentioned when the story 1st broke. So whats going on there?

And the police & the resort are being dragged thru the dirt by the media when its not their fault that the parents couldnt be arsed.

I too hope they find the girl alive & well, but the parents should take the rap for this 1 totally!!

Comment

We have tons of 'known' peados living around this very school. It's as if they house them in prime 'watching' spots.

People in this modern world need discipline. If I ran the country I'd feed all 'known' peados to rabid dogs and film it, NOT house them next to kiddy 'hot-spots'. But then again I'd bring back mass executions.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                                If I ran the country I'd feed all 'known' peados to rabid dogs and film it
                                You'll never make champine with that attitude Fallows. It'd just start off a new underground community of people who got off on watching paedos get eaten by rabid dogs.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X