No announcement yet.

Snowboarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive just got back from my first week away this season and had a great time too, loads of snow and a few good sunny days. Out of interest where did you go mate? I was in La Plagne and managed to pop over to Les Arcs as well.

Comment

You just went on the Downs didn't you Charles? It looked like that last week!

Comment

Heh, I can imagine.

Went to Les Gets (near Morzine) in Portes du Solei. Flew from Soton to Geneva.

Comment

Ah cool, i've done the Portes Du Solei region a few times. Nice short transfer from Geneva and looks like you had some awesome conditions.

Comment

I have been snowboarding for about 18 years and been to quite a few European resorts, Verbier is my favourite with so many different runs.

Comment

Only 3 months to go
              I can't wait.

Comment

Where you going? Haven't boarded for agessss! :-(

Comment

Just back from Les Gets (France nr Switzerland), taking in Morzine and Avoriaz. Top.

Also watched my son learn to ski (he is just about old enough). Amazing. By the end of the week he was doing controlled turns on fairly steep blue runs. And unfortunately also straightline out of control so fast I couldn't catch up. (he was fine once he fell over and much further down the mountain thank goodness)

Comment

Just got back from Flaine, France is having some weird spells at the mo with some tempts upto 10. but still, fresh powder 4 our of 6 days so had some amazing off piste hiking and riding. Got to see Mont Blanc, quite the sight and also nailed some 360's and got my butters down. overall had an amazing week and can't wait for March

Comment

4 days of powder. Nice! I only had 1. Took advantage of some closed black runs to get the fresh runs early in the day.

Comment

Just got back from 2 weeks in Heavenly, South Lake Tahoe last week. Also managed to visit Kirkwood and Squaw. What an amazing place. Absolutely dumped it down on our way there, and then we had 4 or 5 days of powder riding in the trees. Mountain was basically dead every day other than new years eve and one Saturday. Sun came out to play for the majority of our stay as well so feel like we got really lucky.

American resorts are quality - really well run and everyone is just so much more friendly than in France. Saying that im still massively looking forward to getting away to the Alps again in March!

Comment

Always wanted to visit Lake Tahoe, mainly due to this song:

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this, but I thought it better to search than start a new thread...

So I've decided to go Skiing/Snowboarding with my sister and her fiance for his birthday. She has Skis and I've found a cheap second hand "Burton Feather" board but we're looking to get him a very specific K2 "WWW" board as a b/day present (he's into poker and this one has a neon playing card design we fought was fun). We can't find one on the K2 website or on "Google Shopping" though... We originally saw it on eBay but that one is a bit tatty so isn't the best gift...

Anyone here know any good EU (i.e. no import tax) Snowboard Superstores that we could check out?

Comment

My wife has a Feather - it's nice board, but it's camber only, so misses out on the v-rocker on newer boards - you should try hiring a rocker board for the day while in the resort. On the plus side, it's pretty fast! You'll just have to be more definite with your ankle movements (toe up / toe down movements) to avoid catching an edge.

As for the WWW, I don't think graphics are the best reason for buying a board. Certainly "a" reason, but most of the time, the bottom of the board is on the snow and the top of the board is covered in powder Better to get him the right size and features for his ability (does he have big feet UK11+ ? If so, he might need a wide board if wants to have a foot position to ride fakie.)

Comment

Also, where are you going?

Comment

Working...
                                X